Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing window polish from dash?

• 28-07-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭

Succeeded is spilling a blob of AG Glass Polish on the dash and so far cannot remove it. Can anyone suggest a solution?

On the subject I've never found a glass polish/cleaner that is totally smear free, even AG stuff, anyone found the holy grail?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Have you tried a strong APC mixture to try lift it....perhaps a damp microfiber cloth with as hot as water as you can handle sitting on top of it for a while will help draw some of it out.

As for the holy grail of windows - I personally dont use glass polish on a regular basis, certainly not on the inside. You need a good glass cleaner for the inside. AG Fast Glass is quite good. Ive been really impressed by 50Cal Detailing's 20:20 Glass Cleaner; not a single streak or smear from it. On the exterior, the windows might need a good claying and perhaps a light machine polish, and a good wash down post polishing to get the glass extremely clean, then just use a good glass cleaner on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Thanks Curran, which leads me to the next question, what is a good APC that leaves no residue on the interior?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Anything really, given the surface you are trying to remove it from! Im sure you'd have something in the house...a multi purpose cleaner type product, water based....start of with a mild mix and work up to a stronger mix if you are having no joy.
    If it was fabric you'd be looking for a low foaming upholstery cleaner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If you're finding smears from using AG glass polish, you're not leaving it to dry long enough before buffing. I've been valeting for years and it's the best thing I've ever used. I apply it to the windows, turn on the fan to high and have the temp in the middle and close all the doors. leave it for 2 - 3 minutes (you can see the change in colour of the polish as it dries). Then buff it off and turn to a new side of the cloth for a final wipe.

To remove polish from your dash, isopropyl alcohol will work a treat if you can get your hands on it. Pharmacies sell it as rubbing alcohol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I have found AG glass polish to be superb alright, works a treat on wood dash trim too, this was the first time it was smearing, will leave it longer next time.

Thanks folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Also remember that a little goes a long way. You don't want to smother the glass in it as this will just be a waste. Same idea as applying too much wax to a car. the harder it is to remove, the more you have used, the more waste there is.

Advertisement