Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moose loose aboot this hoose

Options
  • 13-01-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

Had the MH out at the weekend and when I turned on the heater to my dismay loads of little bits of aeroboard were blown out of the heater ducts.

A little more investigation show more signs of a mouse..

Traps and set and baited with peanut butter but nothing as yet.

Hope they haven't done much damage..

Did you ever have them and how did you get rid of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Put the cat in for a night? Lol!

Seriously though , have a in depth look for nibbled wires and pipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it would need to be one heck of a cat to catch a Moose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

For the ones that don't go for the peanut butter or chocolate try a bit of freshly cooked rasher rind tied onto the catch with thread even the crafty bugger that avoid traps can't resist. Those ultrasonic repellers don't get them out once they're settled but apparently do stop them coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

snap!! one down... I know it's unusual for him to be on his own but there signs have stopped..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Hi ,
    100 % pure pepermint oil placed on cotton wool . will sort them out .
    it affects their nervous system and will drive them out . a couple of drops onto cotton wool in a few locations where you think they have hung out .
    I was quite sceptical untill i tried it myself . worked in garage aswell.
    costs about 7 euro in a health food shop.
    howdy to all campers not here in a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement