Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy note -anyone used one?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Sold my ipad and wasnt planning to replace it and instead make do with my galaxy s2. I found using the s2 as a full time browser frustrating . Now Im just after selling my s2 and the obvious 2 choices to replace it are the one x and the note. I was thinking that the note could.possible do the job of a phone and a tablet but am also wondering is it just too big as a phone?

anyone have one? any opinions on the device? also, when will it get ics?

not mad about the htc one x so am leaning towards the note.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Sold my ipad and wasnt planning to replace it and instead make do with my galaxy s2. I found using the s2 as a full time browser frustrating . Now Im just after selling my s2 and the obvious 2 choices to replace it are the one x and the note. I was thinking that the note could.possible do the job of a phone and a tablet but am also wondering is it just too big as a phone?

if you don't mind looking like a tool when making/taking a phonecall, then get it. for me its more of a PDA device, probably useful for business people and such. i can see the benefits there. but it's not big enough to get the full benefits you do with a tablet, while being hilariously oversized as a phone

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's someone fúcking there galaxy note into the river :pac: ... you decide

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It's too big as a phone simple as I have one here in work and it suffers the same as the Dell streak does in that its an in between freak show that doesn't off the best of a tablet and the portability of a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Tac

cojomo2 wrote: »

why are ya against the HTC OneX? i reckon itll be a serious piece of kit..and its that bit bigger than the S2 as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Saw one in Dixon's in Gatwick Airport yesterday. Looks very nice but also looks very big as a phone. I have an S2 myself but the Note looks very big compared to the S2.More like a PDA to me. If its a PDA you need then it will do the job for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

a mate has the note and I used it for a while, its nicer to browse on than my desire HD, but it reeks of pretentious twat as a phone. its just so big. it might be a phone and Tablet, but I don't think it does either job well. maybe you get used to it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement