Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Semi Final: Merseyside Derby at Wembley, 12.30 SAT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

SantryRed wrote: »
    Great contribution.

Sh1t game. Everton are always poison to watch.

Great contribution, Everton are better to watch than Liverpool anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Such poor poor defending from LFC. Worst I've ever seen the defense in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

kryogen wrote: »
    Is Carra starting due to injuries or something?

No .

There is absolutely no reason be it Everton threat or forced injuries why he should start . bizarre

Also we looked cramped again cause Gerrard is playing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Feel sorry for Carroll, he will probably be made the scapegoat for this performance, even though he is actually doing ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

HT

Liverpool 0 1 Everton

Well that was as pish as I suspected when I saw the starting 11.

Carra is in no way fit to play top level football, his mere presence causes problems esp with better players shifted around to accommodate him.

Henderson ain't a winger but we all know that don't we? Downing isn't much of one either :(

Will Dalglish have the wit or strength of character to change things? Get Maxi on for the left, Bellamy on for the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Feel sorry for Carroll, he will probably be made the scapegoat for this performance, even though he is actually doing ok.

Yep definitely...everyone on here is already blaming him.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's doing better than ok. His movement has been great, he's dragging defenders all over the place and always looking to make space but has had absolutely zero service. Downing in particular has been disgustingly bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

nah its clearly obvious that he is getting the worst delivery in the league. Its annoyin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Lol yeah because there are so many people complaining about him today....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Big marquee event for Kenny's local lads and his big money signings, absolute poison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

kryogen wrote: »
    Is Carra starting due to injuries or something?

Nope! It's almost as if Kenny thinks 'we're playing at Wembley, therefore i should automatically play Carragher'. Well you shouldn't Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

If Everton go on and win this we can have no complaints. Dalglish has not selected the best players available to him.

The team has become so stale. Dont know why Maxi doesnt play more often. Hes one of our top scorers ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I doubt it. He hasn't been criticised (praised by at least one poster actually) once on this thread. This performance is all on Kenny's head and his ****ty team selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Tepid so far,Suarez Heitinga has been entertaining.

Can't see many goals in this,I expect either Everton to hold out or 'Pool to snatch a scrappy one/Piece of Gerrard brilliance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

mike65 wrote: »
    Will Dalglish have the wit or strength of character to change things? Get Maxi on for the left, Bellamy on for the right.
    Agree 100% but Kenny can't be seen taking off 40million worth of signings for superior players who cost nothing.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Everton are always poison to watch.
    :confused:

Other than the stinker they had against Liverpool, Everton have been pretty good to watch. At least when I have seen them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Samich wrote: »
    Great contribution, Everton are better to watch than Liverpool anyways.

They really aren't. Liverpool can be exciting at odd times at least. Everton is just always the same turgid crap. Fair play to them, it works, but it's woeful to put on the tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd say Dalglish is delighted that FSG have gone back to watch the rounders.

I noticed espn put up a stat while he was on screen

"10 touches-fewest of any player on the pitch"

Completely unneccessary and useless stat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I don't think Raskolnikov was specifically referring to criticism on boards. Call off the dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

joe123 wrote: »
    The team has become so stale. Dont know why Maxi doesnt play more often. Hes one of our top scorers ffs.

All this call for Maxi as if he's a genius player, yes he's scored a couple but in games where the team is on the backfoot he contributes little, doesn't track back or tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Everton there for the taking and Kenny plays Carragher. Madness.

More importantly someone needs to move that clipboard beside Martin Keown! Its going to fall on the floor!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Barnes ain't happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Cara was terrible for the goal but it was aggers ball he went to hit it first and pulled out

I don't think Raskolnikov was specifically referring to criticism on boards. Call off the dogs.
    I was referring to the flop of the season thread where he has been routinely lampooned, compared to Downing anyway.

By who? The fans? The media??? Nobody will make Carroll a scapegoat based on that first half performance. What's happening is nothing to do with him. He isn't getting the service!!

murpho999 wrote: »
    All this call for Maxi as if he's a genius player, yes he's scored a couple but in games where the team is on the backfoot he contributes little, doesn't track back or tackle.

Instead we have sonic the hedgehog with no pace on.

Hopefully the game isn't already over by the time Bellamy and Kuyt come on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

joe123 wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if he had 20 goals if he started a lot more games.

I noticed espn put up a stat while he was on screen

"10 touches-fewest of any player on the pitch"

Completely unneccessary and useless stat.

Saw that, it was just deliberately trying to make him look crap. Cheap shot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Seems having to include Carra will cost liverpool if we don't get back in this game
    Its a amateurish thing to do from kenny, Semi final fa cup no time to mess around with back four, Especially with Jones in goal,

monkey9 wrote: »
    Hopefully the game isn't already over by the time Bellamy and Kuyt come on!!

Enrique for Suarez in the 85th minute when we're 1-0 down, masterstroke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,172 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very poor performance so far. I can only hope Maxi and Bellamy coming on early in the second half.
    Enrique for Carra has to happen.

monkey9 wrote: »
    By who? The fans? The media??? Nobody will make Carroll a scapegoat based on that first half performance. What's happening is nothing to do with him. He isn't getting the service!!
    Graeme Souness for one is laying into him at half time.

Instead we have sonic the hedgehog with no pace on.

I know, but what difference would Maxi have made in that first half where zero chances where created?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Liverpool aren't on the back foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fellaini has been very, very impressive as usual. Completely controls the midfield. Hard to believe he's only 24.

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Liverpool aren't on the back foot.

No, but they're not playing as attacking as they have which is when Maxi can shine when chances are created.

I know, but what difference would Maxi have made in that first half where zero chances where created?

Maxi being on the pitch creates chances! Do you know how football works? Start with creative players and you create more opportunities. You can be sure Suarez and Maxi and Bellamy would have opened Everton up.

Who knows? I know one thing though, Downing is sh1te and he has been all season, the first player i want shipped out in the summer. He gets away with murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Everytime Carra is on the ball my heart skips a beat! Yes, he is a legend but Kenny should sub him for Enrique and put Agger in beside Skrytle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

No changes then. Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

No changes for either team

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Fellaini has been very, very impressive as usual. Completely controls the midfield. Hard to believe he's only 24.

Id hate to be playing against him, big gangly bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What a miss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Donkey

Dear God, we can start blaming Carroll now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Now he can be the scapegoat.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement