Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This page cant be displayed

Options
  • 30-06-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

I'm with three for my mobile where I pay E20 a month for unlimited internet.
    So I have been using my phone as a modem so I could use the internet on my laptop. Been doing this for a year & every things been good, I could stream live sports/movies etc. Ok its not going to be as fast as broadband but it was doing what was needed. The trouble is the last dew days its been lagging really badly & the majority of times trying to open a webpage I end up with " This page cant be displayed " so I click fix & sometimes is fixes it sometimes it doesn't & sometimes it says theres a problem with the modem.
    I have full bars showing for internet access.
    I installed MSE a couple of weeks ago as my Norton had expired, could this be the cause?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

What speeds are you getting on the phone itself it you run a speedtest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

ok done a few tests

Ping:118ms
    Download:1.27Mbps

Ping:131ms
    Download:0.80Mbps

Ping:147ms
    Download:1.07Mbps

Ping:150ms
    Download:1.16Mbps

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

With those kinds of speeds and latency you can forget streaming in HD and SD will be buffering considerably. I'd get in touch with the provider and see if they can suggest. Do Three support using phones as a modem? Up until very recently they didn't allow it. Maybe they are enforcing this rule now!
    Have you tried a running a speedtest from your phone? You can get the speedtest.net app for Android and iOS, possibly Windows phone as well

Nick

Advertisement