Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music

Options
  • 27-06-2015 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

So what's the story with Apple Music and Ireland, launching June 30th or not!??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

We don't know yet, only the U.S. is confirmed for June 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

You can be sure that we will be one of the last to get it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

I have a question about the family plan for €14.99 a month. Apple say you can register 6 Apple ID's to the same subscription. In my mind this means I could get 5 other individuals I know, not necessarily from my family, to chip in €2.50 a month giving us all access to Apple music, saving us €7.50 a month from an individual subscription. Would this work? What am I not seeing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Len_007 wrote: »
    I have a question about the family plan for €14.99 a month. Apple say you can register 6 Apple ID's to the same subscription. In my mind this means I could get 5 other individuals I know, not necessarily from my family, to chip in €2.50 a month giving us all access to Apple music, saving us €7.50 a month from an individual subscription. Would this work? What am I not seeing?

They are all tied to the same payment details. So you'll be paying for any apps, subscriptions, movies, etc that the rest of your "family" want to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

Thanks Sad Professor, I suppose that could get messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

I used to be able to change App Store to a different country easily previously in order to download apps not available in Ireland. Now it's telling me that I need to cancel apple music subscription if I want to change store (country).

Anyone else experience this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Joziburg wrote: »
    I used to be able to change App Store to a different country easily previously in order to download apps not available in Ireland. Now it's telling me that I need to cancel apple music subscription if I want to change store (country).

Anyone else experience this?

It's to do with music rights - you'd be able to access Apple Music USA if you changed store. I think it's against policy anyway to use a countries store that you aren't resident in.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

And why does it allow the U.S. and not other countries (haven't tried yet to see....it's the UK and Germany I want).

Advertisement