Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC problem with graphic card

Options
  • 27-06-2015 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi there,

I recently bought All-in-One Dell XPS2720 with i5 processor and 8GB ram. It also has 2 graphic cards, one Intel HD graphics 4600 and nvidia GeForce GT750M. Now I have some problems regarding to GeForce card as is not detected by any game and only Intel card is detected. I already tried to uninstall drivers and instal fresh. I have disabled Intel card but then only Microsoft Basic Driver was available. I tried assign GeForce card as default using GeForce experience app. The GeForce card has been updated to the latest driver. There is no option in bios to disable Intel card. Have you got any idea guys what is wrong with that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

bodzio69 wrote: »
    I recently bought All-in-One Dell XPS2720 with i5 processor and 8GB ram. It also has 2 graphic cards, one Intel HD graphics 4600

So one in integrated into your processor and Nvidia is the dedicated. Check if the "device manager" under the start menu to see if the Nvidia is registered under the "display adapters".

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bodzio69

Yes durtybit you are correct. The Nvidia card is registered under "Display Adapters".

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

bodzio69 wrote: »
    Yes durtybit you are correct. The Nvidia card is registered under "Display Adapters".

ok so if there are no flags on that it looks like its installed correctly, that means in your bios you should have an option to disable the on board graphics (which should let you use the nvidia graphics)

durtybit wrote: »
    ok so if there are no flags on that it looks like its installed correctly, that means in your bios you should have an option to disable the on board graphics (which should let you use the nvidia graphics)

There is no option in Bios to disable card at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Just to confirm, the monitor cable is connected to the dedicated card's port, and not the motherboard's port?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's an all-in-one, it's a laptop, not a desktop.

Nvidia Optimus works by using the intel integrated graphics on the desktop, and automatically switches to the Nvidia in-game.

Occasionally a game will start and detect the integrated graphics, but you can override this by using the Nvidia control panel to set the GTX750M as the primary device for that games executable.

Sometimes it will still say that the Intel graphics are detected regardless, but it will still play using the Nvidia card.

There is no way to disable the Intel video. It's just how Optimus works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

It's an all-in-one, it's a laptop, not a desktop.

the Dell XPS2720 is a desktop - like an imac knockoff

Guys I know my Graphic Card is not much for gaming but I tried so many games and always the same thing. I already tried FIFA13, FIFA14, PES12, PES13, NFS MOST WANTED, MORTAL KOMBAT X. I think is driver problem. There is an option to update BIOS for latest one but I'm a bit afraid as there was some issues with Dell's after BIOS upgrade and don't want loose all my work saved on this computer. By the way DELL XPS2720 is a Desktop and not Laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

maccored wrote: »
    the Dell XPS2720 is a desktop - like an imac knockoff

It's an all-in-one - it's basically a laptop inside a screen. It's not built like a desktop, and it uses laptop parts mostly. That's what I meant when I said it's more a laptop, because that's how it works.

Which is why you cannot disable the Intel graphics and must use Optimus.

What settings is Mortal Kombat X working at? Because Intel integrated graphics would just about be able to run the game at lowest settings at 1280x720. If you can run the game at say 1366x768 medium settings and it works OK then Optimus is working fine.

Or else Need for Speed Most Wanted will also only run on Intel integrated graphics at 1280x720 lowest settings - if you can run the game at say 1366x768 medium-high settings and it runs OK, then it is also working.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's a mobile GPU anyway. by the m at the end of the name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement