Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for short 1916 play/sketch or re-enactment for primary school kids age 10-11

Options
  • 01-02-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Just looking for a few ideas for our Commemoration day of 1916 which is taking place March 15th

I teach 5th class and in our school both 5th and 6th will write a new proclamation for Ireland for the future.

On the 15th of March, we will have kids read out the proclamation for 1916 and their own proclamation
    They will also sing Amhrán na bhFiann and the tri-colour hoisted that was given to every school by the army.

However both of our classes have to do a little performance on the day too
    for e.g. a little sketch or play or re-enactment of the 1916
    or a
    song that they sing or something else....

Just wondering if anyone would know where I could get a small little play or other to use with my class on the day.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Oldstyle1 wrote: »
    Just looking for a few ideas for our Commemoration day of 1916 which is taking place March 15th

I teach 5th class and in our school both 5th and 6th will write a new proclamation for Ireland for the future.

On the 15th of March, we will have kids read out the proclamation for 1916 and their own proclamation
    They will also sing Amhrán na bhFiann and the tri-colour hoisted that was given to every school by the army.

However both of our classes have to do a little performance on the day too
    for e.g. a little sketch or play or re-enactment of the 1916
    or a
    song that they sing or something else....

Just wondering if anyone would know where I could get a small little play or other to use with my class on the day.

Is there any reason why the kids can't write their own production?

Advertisement