Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding fodder beet (without diet feeder)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Cows used to go mad for superpressed pulp here back when we could get it if I remember right, just a case of fire it in the pit and cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

nothing to touch sugar beet for performance, just had to add that before more start playing down beet :D. Hoping to get lifting here in the afternoon:)

As said if you are considering beet, you really need to be looking at sugar beet rather than fodder beet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

How do you graze beet? Do the cattle root up the roots some bit themselves or how does it work? Forgive my ignorance !! The only beet I know is beating teams in hurling.
    Well ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Well ?? :D
    Beet for grazing would be low in dry matter most of the root grows above soil level making it easier for cattle to eat. You put a fence on every row.
    P5300060.JPG

Advertisement