Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Financial Economics

Options
  • 28-03-2009 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Has anyone any feedback on the financial economics masters in UCC. Ive looked up all the information from prospectuses and net and am interested but would like info from current or past students. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Calcio

Hi just wondering if you went ahead with this course and what you found out about it, i have an engineering background and I got a late offer for it but I am not sure where it leads to and if I’d be able to manage it with no previous experience in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 pinnyoshea

I didnt go ahead with the UCC masters in financial economics. I accepted international finance in NUIG which is a similar course.

I have a Bachelor of Business Studies majoring in economics and finance and I definately find it a benefit. There are students with physics and other similar backgrounds doing economics masters here and I believe they are doing ok.

As for prospects in finance at the minute, the market is definately a lot more competitive. There are a lot of applicants for few jobs but a masters will definately help.

Cant speak specifically about the UCC course as have no info. Course content here at minute is econometric analysis mainly and we are building up to asset pricing, options pricing etc. Very interesting.

Hope this helps somewhat

Advertisement