Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Elf

• 30-11-2003 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

But it has Will Ferrell?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Nah, it's quite enjoyable. I caught the previews last week. Smiaras is right though that it turns for the worst in the second half, but there's enough funny moments in the movie to make it worth a watch :)
    And Will Ferrel, btw, is one to watch for these comedies. Manages the physical humour without overplaying it - you can take him seriously if needs be. Good job all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

It's a pretty cool film. It's aimed & kids and it's a christmas film so complaining about the second half is kinda stupid. If you go to that kinda film expect it to have happy christmassy type ending.

If you haven't got a heart of stone and can enjoy kids films then go see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

its called Elf not the elf and I quite liked it , good for a christmas film , Will Farell was very funny , they used clay instead of CGI for the animals which was cool :) id give it 3.5/5

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

im going in about an hour, all im expecting is a silly kids movie (silly in a slapstick sense)... the ads look good, and im expecting a mushy ending of some kind......

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

FRANK THE TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn dislexia :)

just back from it, and i thought it was really good, a kids movie that adults can enjoy and that has a nice happy christmas message that makes you go 'awww'
    This was supposed to be his breakout movie but I don't see how it is really going to put him over

i think it might do it, he's gotten a good name for himself from the matrix parody, and this did quite well in the US (was number 1 for a week or two, and according to yahoo! has made over $100 million). i do hope that if it is his breakout movie, he doesnt desert his more adult humoured roots for big-paying family movies. sure elf is a family movie, but i hope he doesnt make a career from it, he can do so much more!

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Will Ferrel is great. Was a decent film, pretty funny. Would make a great family film though, can recommend it. Overall pretty good.

Hank the Tank, lol. You're my boy, Blue!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

eh... Frank the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That movie looks really sucky. But what do I know?

nothing obviously....

ah no, but if you dont like the clips from the ads maybe the film isnt for you, what you see on the tv is what makes the film good, all the silly and childish slapstick jokes.

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by kif
    eh... Frank the tank.
    Yeah, it's Frank the Tank. I know this thread is about Elf (which I haven't seen yet) but I just had a look at the Old School Trailer- brilliant. I'd forgotten how good it was!

"Hey man, be careful, that's the most powerful tranc-gun on the market" (Frank shoots himself in the neck)
    "YES!! That's awesome"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Will Ferrel is great in the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy sketches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Whats the movie actually about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by f®eak s©enery
    Whats the movie actually about?
    I've not seen it but here's the gist:

Ferrell plays a guy who was taken to the north pole by mistake when he was a baby. He's brought up by Santa as an elf until one day it's obvious as hell to everyone that he's twice the size of any elf. He goes to NYC to meet his real dad who turns out to be Sonny Corleone, magically returned from death (or the alternative ending where he had enough change for the tollbooth), working as head of an evil corporation. From then in it's basically "Scrooge discovers he has a son"

I'm close enough, right? Except for the Godfather bits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

its amusing if your expectations for it are reasonably low.
    its just will ferrel prancing around in tights and giddy merriment and such with a predictable plot line.

Advertisement