Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I'm moving to Carrigaline.....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

I work in Carrigaline and travel here from Douglas so going against the traffic. Wouldn't fancy coming FROM here in the morning - traffic frequently backed up on Carrs hill. There are plans to build 2 new secondary schools also.
    From speaking to other people that live here i know there doesn't appear to be much of a pub/restaurant scene - with most centering around the hotel.
    The N28 upgrade from the new Cork Port at Ringaskiddy is still a few years off.
    Pro's - good selection of food shops (Super Value, Dunnes, Lidl etc). Schools
    Con's - Traffic in/out at peak times. options for eating out, pubs etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Whats the culture/arts scene like in Carragaline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Hahahahhahahahahahhahaha

Well........

I may be biased, but look, the thread is here for opinions-Carrigaline is boring as hell. It's a commuter town. I never feel any community there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

The traffic is absolutely horrendous. Any bit of ice and the entire road comes to a standstill and the secondary routes are too dangerous. In the summers and school holidays it's a quick 15 minute journey to the SRR but on any other day it is crazy. Even at 7:30 and earlier it can be busy. OH and I are renting here but are in the process of buying closer to town. We had initially planned on buying here but have decided against it for a few reasons, the traffic being a major sticking point for both of us.

It really is a nice town but there is very little going on here. I imagine for people with children though it must be a pretty ideal location though. Nice, quiet, safe area with a nice selection of supermarkets and schools etc but little by way of things to do unless you're involved in a sports club or what have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

The traffic is absolutely horrendous. Any bit of ice and the entire road comes to a standstill and the secondary routes are too dangerous. In the summers and school holidays it's a quick 15 minute journey to the SRR but on any other day it is crazy. Even at 7:30 and earlier it can be busy. OH and I are renting here but are in the process of buying closer to town. We had initially planned on buying here but have decided against it for a few reasons, the traffic being a major sticking point for both of us.

It really is a nice town but there is very little going on here. I imagine for people with children though it must be a pretty ideal location though. Nice, quiet, safe area with a nice selection of supermarkets and schools etc but little by way of things to do unless you're involved in a sports club or what have you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Its great. There is an outdoor amphitheatre where performances are given during the weekend. Last week there was a Marcel Marceau lookalike in a leotard. It was great so it was.

There's also a ten screen cinema with all the latest films. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭goochy

You've just cheered me up ! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Traffic at peak times is brutal,other than that it's a typical commuter town,plenty of sports clubs,good super markets,pubs are very mediocre though .There is some very good restaurants,Royal pacific is a great Chinese, and Spice is a really good Indian,the Abbey restaurant is a great spot too.

There's a few new schools being built also,there's an educate together school,a gaelscoil, and a few others.

If your leaving for work at 7am you will have no problem with traffic.

Advertisement