Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T3 Dvd

Options
  • 01-12-2003 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone get the T3 DVD yet ? It's quite well presented, nice menu's etc, some of the documentaries are also worth watching. Have yet to listen to the commentaries though. Having rewatched it a couple of times I have to say that it is a very good flick in it's own right. The special FX particular towards the end where half or Arnies head is missing are very impressive indeed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

What a load of balls. T3's rubbish - I felt embaressed for the filmmakers while watching that sh|te.

Has James Cemeron been asked what he thought of it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah t3 just doesn't compare to the previous 2 movies. the dvd did well in the charts, but what exactly did it go up against ? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

It was destined to never live up to what had gone before. How could it without Cameron? It was a solid genre film with good effects and I enjoyed it. Wasn't particularly pissed off that it didn't live up to the previous two.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

There giving it away free in Xtra-Vision when you buy a meteor mobile thats how good it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by rocco
    There giving it away free in Xtra-Vision when you buy a meteor mobile thats how good it is ?

They did the same with The Two Towers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

prices seem to vary : tesco's - 32, HMV : 26, play.com about 24

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Apparently this was a rush job DVD to get it out before Christmas.
    Expect to see a special edition released early next year.
    And then expect a trilogy boxset.

And then a special edition trilogy boxset.
    And then an ultimate edition trilogy boxset.
    And then a super duper not the last boxset we will release but please buy it anyway trilogy boxset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

t3 was more of a comedy, it kinda slagged the other 2 movies, i had a lot of very funny sceans,

yeah they bolloxed up the whole terminator idea

but its an okay film on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Makaveli
    And then a super duper not the last boxset we will release but please buy it anyway trilogy boxset.
    ... and then a bare bones release of T3 that doesn't even have subtitles but it'll be released in a special platinum plated case, in a limited numbered set (from 1 to 25 million) and a free condom used by the governor of California.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

ok this could turn into what a load of pants T3 thread was compared to the other two, which it was!! on its own i think it was pretty decent, but this is something i noticed earlier... i was saying to a mate that on messenger that i couldnt wait for T4, and i accidently typed T$.............................................

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Apparently this was a rush job DVD to get it out before Christmas.
    Expect to see a special edition released early next year.
    And then expect a trilogy boxset.

And, indeed, the trilogy boxset is already out it seems. Saw it today in Woolworths in Enniskillen! Dunno how much it was though.

From what I've heard, Woolworths have just stuck the 3 dvds together and made it a boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by sceptre
    and a free condom used by the governor of California.

I cant wait! :D

Cameran wrote T3 just to make sure you all know. Many people kick the film right in the nads as Cameran didnt "do it" when infact he wrote the thing. The reall differance in the film compared wit hthe others is the way it was directed. Less emotion then what cameran would put into his movies and also worse actors. Take the whole T100 v T8000 [or what ever]. Robert Patrick had a look and feel to him that would just scare the pants off a ya just to look at him.

That just what it missed, it had pants. It had too much Hollywood. Hollywood is pants.

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/common/product.jhtml?pid=30053881

There's the boxset.
    Not available from amazon, play, cd-wow, or dvdsoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well its not that bad I actually enjoyed the film. I have the R1 DVD and it gives the old sound system a damn good workout.

It could have been a lot worse, Matrix Reloaded anyone (I haven't even bothered with Revolutions!!).

Gandalf.

Originally posted by Winters
    Cameran wrote T3 just to make sure you all know. Many people kick the film right in the nads as Cameran didnt "do it" when infact he wrote the thing.

No he didn't. What gave you that idea?

I love T3. I won't compare it to the first two films, not because it's an inferior film, but because it's a different director's take on the Terminator universe.

The only problem I had was that they went a little overboard with the self referential comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Lodgepole
    No he didn't. What gave you that idea?
    I'm going to assume that that idea comes about because Cameron got a writer's credit on T3 as he developed the original characters with Gale Ann Hurd (who got the same credit) WGA rules state that they're entitled to this.

He didn't develop the story and didn't write the screenplay for T3. No involvement whatever for Cameron actually.

WGA site ( and a different one for those obviously insane people (read as "Woody Allen) who insist on living east of the Mississippi)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Did not go to the cinema after many slating of this film

Got it out on DVD at the weekend and pleasantly surprised, a decent enough movie IMHO.

THere's a hell of a lot worse out there, the CGI was good, the action sequences were reasonable and the ending was er mmm brave, I liked it

And who wouldnt want a terninator like that as a girlfriend, fit, good looking and capable of instantenous breast size increase - just had to get some breast reference in my 100th post:D :D:D:D:p

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Well, I have to disagree. It was a dreadful film - in it's own right and every other.

You say it's 'good if you don't compare'... but it's only because they essentially ripped off someone else's idea's that T3 has any merrit whatsoever.

If this was the first and only Terminator film - a 12A comedy/action movie - we wouldn't even be talking about it.

Originally posted by slave1
    the ending was er mmm brave, I liked it

That's what I liked most about the film. I thought the ending was brilliant.
    Originally posted by Goodshape
    You say it's 'good if you don't compare'... but it's only because they essentially ripped off someone else's idea's that T3 has any merrit whatsoever.

If this was the first and only Terminator film - a 12A comedy/action movie - we wouldn't even be talking about it.

That's rubbish. That's like saying James Cameron ripped off Dan O' Bannon and Ridley Scott when he made Aliens. He did nothing of the sort. He made a completely different style of film set in the same universe, which is exactly what Mostow did. It's down to your own taste as to whether you enjoyed it.

This film is quite clearly a sequel, from beginning to end. Saying that we wouldn't be talking about it, had it been a standalone film is pointless given how different it would have been in that case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement