Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Namur, Belgium

Options
  • 28-10-2015 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all. I'm planning on moving to Namur in Belgium some time in 2016. I'll be heading over with my Belgian girlfriend who's going back to college in the city. I have a decent level of French and have spend 13 months living in Belgium before. I'm an artist by trade so that doesn't really help in terms of finding sustainable employment.

Does anyone know how the job market is over there currently? Or some Irish companies that operate out of the area? Or even the city as a whole? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭leandrolorenzi

Hi Tommy. Same situation for me, apart for the fact that I would move there for work.
    Reason for me to post is to share ideas about the logistic aspects of the moving itself.
    I am from Cork, and I was considering renting a van to bring my stuff there, the fact is that I would be expected to return the van here ( or at least in a RightHandDriving Country), so I am not sure this would be a good idea.

Any suggestion / ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Second poster, have you accommodation and job sorted by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭leandrolorenzi

well to be honest not yet, but I am quite confident. Moreover I could not afford to move if I have not a job/contract or income. My exit strategy would require 2/3 months before leaving, as I have some ongoing contracts here and I will be charged penalties if I do not close them properly. I am at an early stage of Info gathering I admit. The aspect that concerns me more is the cost of moving itself.

Advertisement