Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro bono web deisgn for Charity??

Options
  • 10-02-2012 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there, does anybody know where I could find a website designer that is willing to do some voluntary work for a new Charity?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bolabu

Sorry new to this - Mad faces because??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Just because you're a charity, it doesn't mean people should supply their services for free. Surely you get donations that will cover costs like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

smash wrote: »
    Just because you're a charity, it doesn't mean people should supply their services for free. Surely you get donations that will cover costs like this!

Think of that warm fuzzy feeling you'll get from helping a charity. Then you won't need to pay that heating bill (..cause you won't be able to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bolabu

Unfortunately donations are not plentiful in the current climate and they do not cover everything. Charity depends on the good will and giving back of good people to support them, to allow them to provide services to members of the public who could very easily be someone belonging to you. We are simply searching for someone who would like to help, that is in essence a donation - of their time and expertise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I do free work for charities. it depends on the charity, they are the only organisations that I do free work for. everyone else pays.

the op should have gone through an organisation like volunteer.ie for this kind of thing though and not just bound straight in here.

A bit more detail about the charity is in order too.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

this happens once a year

http://24theweb.com/

you could try and get in on that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

what kind of work if its a new website put the details up

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

where are you based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

demixed wrote: »
    Think of that warm fuzzy feeling you'll get from helping a charity. Then you won't need to pay that heating bill (..cause you won't be able to)

Most professional web designers are out the door with work at the moment and wouldn't have time to take on a free gig. Why not look at a WordPress theme and ask someone to spare an afternoon/day to tweak it for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I might be able to help you. Though I must stress that I am on the development end, not design. PM me and I can see if I can help out. No promises though

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

this happens once a year

thats in my old office for the company i used to work for!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

Cool office ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

yeah it was, i was an IT admin there, pain in the ass because working on PCs on the floors in there was like working on sand paper and in the summer it was like a giant greenhouse.

the sun would shine in the windows in the ceiling and it just turned stupid hot, you could open them but it never made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

this happens once a year

Have you looked at the work that was produced last year in IE? Looks like a Picasso piece.

Advertisement