Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Bob Cass has tweeted that he believes Sneijder will sign. There will be an article for the mail on Sunday released tonight.

Prepare yourselves for the Wesley Sneijder talk to flare up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sneijder handed in a transfer request.

WESLEY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

nice robbing from Redcafe ;)

Headshot wrote: »
    nice robbing from Redcafe ;)

Had to be done.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Joekers

Blatter wrote: »
    Bob Cass has tweeted that he believes Sneijder will sign. There will be an article for the mail on Sunday released tonight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2028371/Manchester-United-final-bid-Wesley-Sneijder.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Hopefully not a repost

Manchester United: Greatest Ever XI

Link to vote and more info

Voting from 11/8 to 1/9

Goalkeepers: Harry Gregg, Peter Schmeichel, Edwin van der Sar, Alex Stepney, Ray Wood.

Centre-backs: Bill Foulkes, Jaap Stam, Martin Buchan, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic.

Full-backs: Arthur Albiston, Roger Bryne, Noel Cantwell, Johnny Carey, Tony Dunne, Patrice Evra, Denis Irwin, Gary Neville.

Central midfielders: Eddie Colman, Paddy Crerand, Duncan Edwards, Roy Keane, Bryan Robson, Paul Scholes, Nobby Stiles, Charlie Roberts.

Wingers: David Beckham, Johnny Berry, George Best, Steve Coppell, Ryan Giggs, Charlie Mitten, David Pegg, Cristiano Ronaldo, Billy Meredith, George Wall, Joe Spence.

Forwards: Eric Cantona, Sir Bobby Charlton, Mark Hughes, Denis Law, Wayne Rooney, Jack Rowley, Tommy Taylor, Dennis Viollet, Ruud van Nistelrooy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Anyone else see the Everton game today??

Ross Barkley looked like a tasty talent !

ogdwuv.gif

Hes definitely one to keep an eye on.

That's a disturbing post ^^

IMO

Goalkeeper: Peter Schmeichel

Centre-backs: Steve Bruce, Nemanja Vidic.

Full-backs: Denis Irwin, Gary Neville.

Central midfielders: Roy Keane, Paul Scholes

Wingers: George Best, Cristiano Ronaldo

Forwards: Eric Cantona, Sir Bobby Charlton

Headshot wrote: »
    That's a disturbing post ^^

You're just jealous no one ever looked at you like that ! :P

• Advertisement

TheTownie wrote: »
    You're just jealous no one ever looked at you like that ! :P

hannibal lecter did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

F*ck him and f*ck his newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

enviro wrote: »

Cantona ahead of Taylor ? lmfao @ that never mind the others who would have been better choices... There is at least 7. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

IMO

As much as I love Cantona and everything he did for the club I don't think you can honestly put him in the same category as some of the other players. Your whole post is basically a whos-who of the last decade or so. How can you forget so many of the past greats.

In midfield you have guys like Duncan Edwards, Bryan Robson and a World Cup winner in Nobby Styles.

Then up front you have possibly the greatest ever English forward in the shape of Tommy Taylor. The man was a goal-scoring machine. Have a read of his life story, it's really something. 131 goals in 191 appearances, the only player to get near him according to my rough stats is Denis Violet. He would have undoubtedly gone on to break the United goal scoring record. Along with Tommy, Duncan Edwards and a young Bobby Charlton I reckon England may have won the World Cup sooner than they did. Unfortunately the Munich disaster cut short his life. He deserves to be mentioned as one of the all-time greats of the game

I'm not having a go at you but I'm just saying that there is a steep history associated with Manchester United and I think it's silly to ignore the achievements of players who appeared 50 or 60 years ago for the team and place some of the modern day 'superstars' ahead of them in the all-time greats list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Loads of WS talk In the newspapers this morning .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Also talk that Nasri to City is off. I wonder if that could respark United's interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

IMO

Even I could name a better XI than that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

The Trinity has got to be in every Best 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Word going around twitter that Wenger has given an exclusive interview with a French media outlet 'telefoot' claiming 'both Manchester clubs are on the case for Nasri, but a deal is a long way from being completed'.

Should find out soon enough if it's true or not, can't get any links atm.

Fergie talking about Jones;
    "When he was playing against us in the 7-1 game, after the fifth goal he was running out and giving everyone around him stick and he was only 18 then. I was very impressed," said the United boss.

"After that I tried to get him last January. We put an inquiry in but Blackburn wouldn't sell him at that time.

He was just one that we couldn't miss,"
    said Ferguson of Jones. "He's definitely got all the parts to his game, there is no doubt about that.

He has got the desire to play and he's a good trainer, with a great determination about him."

This dispels the theory that other clubs forced Fergie's hand to move for Jones this summer. Fergie was eager to get him ASAP because he rated him so highly.

In other words, Jones was in Fergie's transfer plans from the start.

I'm never visiting the Liverpool thread again:eek::eek:

Some posters there comparing Charlie Adam to Platini,Messi (thought Joe Cole owns the Messi tag though) ,Ronaldo.Are they on a training course to becoming posters on RAWK?

d22ontour wrote: »
    Cantona ahead of Taylor ? lmfao @ that never mind the others who would have been better choices... There is at least 7. :rolleyes:

IMO as I said at the start and it's only a bit of fun. You should post your team.

As for not picking some of the older legends... simply have not seen them enough to pick them. Best and Bobby are in there from seeing documentaries and clips on some of their best games. I've seen 90%+ of Utd games from 1995 on... Before that, less then 1%.

IMO there is no point in picking players who I have seen very little of. Lucky for some that you have seen all the past legends play :)

IMO as I said at the start and it's only a bit of fun. You should post your team.

As for not picking some of the older legends... simply have not seen them enough to pick them. Best and Bobby are in there from seeing documentaries and clips on some of their best games. I've seen 90%+ of Utd games from 1995 on... Before that, less then 1%.

IMO there is no point in picking players who I have seen very little of. Lucky for some that you have seen all the past legends play :)

You may start watching ESPN Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

zerks wrote: »

Some posters there comparing Charlie Adam to Platini,Messi (thought Joe Cole owns the Messi tag though) ,Ronaldo.Are they on a training course to becoming posters on RAWK?

Eh, I think the internet might be too serious for you :cool:

Aye, that was a retarded post from d22, he's probably never even seen Taylor play FFS. The rolleyes made his post extra special.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Eh, I think the internet might be too serious for you :cool:

Nah,just some 'pool fans;)

Delighted they signed Henderson instead of us-about £19 million too much has been payed for him.

On the topic of signings-is anyone looking forward to the transfer window closing just to be done and dusted with all the rubbish about deals and exclusive articles in the rags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

zerks wrote: »

Oh, I thought they had won the league already. How disappointing that we still have to play the other 36 games!

Word going around twitter that Wenger has given an exclusive interview with a French media outlet 'telefoot' claiming 'both Manchester clubs are on the case for Nasri, but a deal is a long way from being completed'.

If true it sounds to me like an attempt to squeeze more money from City for the player.

I think it has gotten to the stage that if City are interested in a player we just don't bother as the fee and wages will automotically reach stupid levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Aye, that was a retarded post from d22, he's probably never even seen Taylor play FFS. The rolleyes made his post extra special.

Yes because there is/was no footage available of the babes... :confused:

What a ridiculous thing to type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I miss the proper Superthread. :(

flahavaj wrote: »
    If true it sounds to me like an attempt to squeeze more money from City for the player.

I think it has gotten to the stage that if City are interested in a player we just don't bother as the fee and wages will automotically reach stupid levels.

I'm fairly sure he'll end up at City anyway

Just because there is footage of the Busby babes available

1. Doesn't mean everybody has watched it

2. Doesn't make it near compulsory to include certain players from that side in SOMEBODY ELSES greatest IX

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It's hardly unreasonable that somebody would include the best of the players that they are most familiar with.

Why don't you post your own best 11 instead of taking cheap shots at somebody else's?

Best team I've seen:

VDS

Irwin
    Stam
    Rio
    Evra

Keane
    Robson

Scholes

Ronaldo
    Giggs

van Nistelrooy

Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

My Best 11:

................VDS

..Neville...Stam...Vidic...Evra

..Ronaldo...Keane...Scholes...Giggs

...............Rooney...RVN

Pro. F wrote: »
    It's hardly unreasonable that somebody would include the best of the players that they are most familiar with.

Why don't you post your own best 11 instead of taking cheap shots at somebody else's?

Whenever I see that posters username beside a post I'm fairly sure the post will either be a gif, a facepalm pic or as you basically said, a cheap shot.

Rarely if ever contributes anything meaningful to the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

................Schmeichel..............

..Neville...Stam...Ferdinand...Irwin

..Ronaldo...Keane...Scholes...Giggs

...............Rooney...Cantona..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

ctl alt delete just scored for Norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

..............Schmeichel.................
    Neville....Stam....Ferdinand....Irwin
    .........Keane........Robson............
    ................Scholes....................
    ..Ronalo.........................Best.....
    .............Van Nistlerooy..............

Subs:
    Van Der Sar
    Vidic
    Giggs
    Beckham
    Rooney
    Cantona

I chose many of the footballers from recent years simply because i feel that players nowadays are better than they were 30-40 years ago. How George Best would do with that raw talent and someone like SAF looking after him we will never know. Also this is a team i feel would work well together not necessarily the best individuals.:)

• Advertisement

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    ctl alt delete just scored for Norwich

I'm De Laet-ed for the lad!

If he has a good season at Norwich he could come back and be a free solution to our slight lack of cover at FB next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It's in a few papers. The joke is that he was asked several questions & replied "I don't know" to all of them. We are said to have bid 20m for Nasri weeks ago but Arsenal responded that they would not sell to us. I think that SAF's comments about Wenger's "brave decision" not to sell probably hardened Arsenal's attitude against us.

The Nasri situation is a nightmare for Wenger. Apparently Wednesday's game is worth 24 million to Arsenal. Based on the last game, he needs to play Nasri but if he does then City & us will not want to sign him. I wonder if Arsenal are going to use this as a way of making him stay at the club & then hope that they can persuade him to renew ?

All the press speculation agrees that Nasri has made a mistake & is delaying the deal in the hope that we come back with another offer. His agent will be desperate for the City deal to go ahead. I guess that it will all boil down to whether Nasri is man or mouse !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Best team from player i've seen play a decent amount.

..............VDS.................
    Neville....Johnsen....Ferdinand....Irwin
    .........Keane........Robson............
    ................Scholes....................
    ..Ronalo.........................Giggs.....
    .............Rooney..............

If i was going from all time history

Best, Law and Charlton would all be in there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

When is Chicharito back?

It will be interesting to see who is first off the bench when Rooney, Welbeck, Chicharito and Berbatov are all available.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    When is Chicharito back?

It will be interesting to see who is first off the bench when Rooney, Welbeck, Chicharito and Berbatov are all available.

Going to play some part in a reserve game this week I think. Fergie says he's back trainiung but they're gonna be careful with him.

Our options up front are amazing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Keane ----Robson

Scholes

Doesn't that midfield just make ya tingle!!

dahat wrote: »
    Keane ----Robson

Scholes

Doesn't that midfield just make ya tingle!!

Everything you could possibly want in a midfield. Noone could out fight them and nobody would out play them.

Pity it can't be got!.plus a good shoulder for Robbo!

Any ideas where City will fit Nasri in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dahat wrote: »
    Any ideas where City will fit Nasri in?

I'd go with

Toure.......De Jong
    .......Nasri

As a central 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement