Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lord Of The Rings - Extended Versions in Cinemas

• 05-11-2003 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

According to the Lord of the rings site, cinemas will be showing the extended editions in the 2 weeks leading up to
    Return of the Kings release

Any Info on the Irish cinemas showing them ????:ninja:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yeah: they aren't.

There were 100 cities chosen in the US to show the extended versions. They sold out nearly instantly. It was a PR stunt and I very much doubt it's going to be done here given the cost of film reels, transport, etc. I wish it were. At best we'll get repeat showings of the original theatrical versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Nope, you're wrong.

Ster Century are showing both extended editions, each getting a four day run, with three screenings a day. Presumably in the Big Fella screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

UGC Dublin might be showing the first one 2 weeks before the 17th and the second film the following week. Keep your fingers crossed!

See here

Ohh I could be wrong! I'd love to be wrong.

So is anyone here up for gathering a posse and hijacking UGC until they agree to Trilogy Tuesday????
    If they got the EE prints, there's not the slightest chance I won't be there and I know plenty of others who'd turn up too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah, im gonna there today to catch a film, so ill try ask one of the staff about it

• Advertisement

I'm gonna go see "Matrix: Revolutions" at the weekend and I'll hassle them then. Any other UGC goers I urge you to do the same!

Then maybe put a false moustache on, queue up, and do it again as someone else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

i am going to UGC after work and am going to ask them about it

maybe if enough people ask them the nthe will do it

or we can all just stand at the box office and scream at them till they do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Extended version was shown before the first screening of the Matrix yesterday :) in ster century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PopTart

Any word on the Galway or Mayo Cinemas ....
    A whole day at the cinema watching the 3 lord of the rings movies .........
    Heaven.......... I'm in heaven

Originally posted by Sposs
    Extended version was shown before the first screening of the Matrix yesterday :) in ster century.

how???????????

• Advertisement

anyone who has the mirror paper 7/10/03 look on page 48

now all we need is for them to show all 3 on the 26th

will be up there 2mw and will ask them af they are and will be booking my tickets

dreams do come true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

yup the lotr webby says that i cant wait tis a very good idea theyl make much more money now ive alread y seen them hundreds of times but can never get bored of them brill films

I nagged them today at UGC. The guy said that they'll definetely be showing "Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers" in the weeks before "Return of the King". What he didn't know was whether they'll be the extended editions or not. He said he himself had been nagging the managers to find out so I guess if the staff are in the dark, then we will be for a bit too!

i just got my tickets today for followship extended and two towers extended

pics of tickets below

and the two towers ticket

and i know when return of the king goes on sale

Advertisement