Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my new toy: the king of WiFi routers

Options
  • 21-10-2015 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

So, I have decided to get this monster h e r e:

Waiting to get it connected and ,guess what, I will install it so that I can see it every time I pass by...kind of weird feeling to get excited by a router ! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

What did it set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

What did it set you back?

They're going for £206 on Amazon.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Be sure get DD-WRT on it right away, my experiences of D-Link firmwares has not been good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Be sure get DD-WRT on it right away, my experiences of D-Link firmwares has not been good

The reviews on Amazon aren't that great (OK - there's only 4 of them, but still). 2 mentioned the basic interface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Severard

The beam forming feature is very handy, learned about it in college a few months back. Hopefully it becomes standard for all APs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

How did you get on with this OP? Has it become sentient and taken over your house yet? The thing looks mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

roast wrote: »
    How did you get on with this OP? Has it become sentient and taken over your house yet? The thing looks mental.

None in stock with my supplier ...yet !
    But im really tempted to switch over to this one h e r e ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

And ... it arrived !
    Nice present,wonder who sent it to my address !?

371352.jpg

Advertisement