Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct bus service to dublin airport

Options
  • 20-06-2011 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

is there actually any bus that goes to dublin airport without stopping in half the bloody country?! looking at timetables there, takes over 3 hrs. my flight is quicker than that! crazy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

there is one that goes from the back of arthurs quay straight to airport,

think its called 'Kavanaghs'

costing 20euro if i remember,
    Goes a few times a day.

http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/en/timetables

that'll sort ya out

sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

they stop all over the shop too dont they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There's no direct bus

You could get the train and then the 747 bus from the station. If you book the train far enough in advance you can get it for 10e each way..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

There's no direct bus

You could get the train and then the 747 bus from the station. If you book the train far enough in advance you can get it for 10e each way..

Good luck with that, only trains at like 5am are 10e now.

No direct bus I'm afraid, they'll all take 3,15+ hrs but are cheap enough. It's disgraceful Limerick has no express bus to Dublin!

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Good luck with that, only trains at like 5am are 10e now.

Nope- book far enough in advance and every train is 10e for a certain amount of seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Hi , I regularly travel up on the train and this is the best bet for you on the day.
    Book the train online you can do it at irishrail.ie set up an account here https://www.irishrail.ie/myaccount/

you can use credit or laser card. Take down the reservation no: and you input this in the collection machines in Colbert. Keep your ticket you will need it to get out of barriers at Heuston.

There are very few 10 or 15 euro trains left though.

Make sure you manually pick your seat you you can be near the luggage section to keep an eye on your case.

Train will take 2hr 20 mins.

When you get to Heuston walk straight out to the entrance where the Luas is and You will see the Airlink bus stop, The bus will prob be there too.
    It is 6 euro and takes 60-90 mins to get to the airport.

Sorry for the long obvious explanations ,just posted everything for people who might need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

There should be some service. It's ridiculous the way the majority of the flights require travel to Dublin. There should be at least a reasonable flight service between airports.

Nope- book far enough in advance and every train is 10e for a certain amount of seats.

lol there is not! Most of the trains I checked there now have no 10e tickets at all for the next 4 weeks. And you can't book any futher ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

There should be some service. It's ridiculous the way the majority of the flights require travel to Dublin. There should be at least a reasonable flight service between airports.

JJ's go from Shannon to Dublin about 12 times a day. BE go Lim-Dub 15 times each way, and Lim-Shn an innumerable amount of times per day.

There is a service, but they can't cut off those along the way to Dublin, not in these times.

It's different now, for Galway-Dublin, as there is far more tourist travel between the two. Hence why Citylink in particular run an Express service, as do GoBus (I think?). Also, if you live in Galway, you basically have to go to Dublin if you want to fly somewhere.

slinky2000 wrote: »
    lol there is not! Most of the trains I checked there now have no 10e tickets at all for the next 4 weeks. And you can't book any futher ahead!

But yes there were 10e seats on those trains but they've been sold :P I see plenty of other cheap trains there now

• Advertisement

I see very few. And the ones I checked yesterday 4 weeks in advance had no seats reserved at all!

Advertisement