Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning Post #1041

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Milkers wrote: »
    For me what's even worse than Mr Alan not posting when the team is doing well, or people moaning about Mr Alan not posting when the team is doing well, is people pointing out that the only thing worse than Mr Alan not posting when the team is doing well is people pointing out that he's not posting when the team is doing well.

My head is spinning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

My head is spinning.

Lol I was editing to add the pic when you replied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We need to be beaten by Hull for this new thread to do get off to a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Grayditch wrote: »
    We need to be beaten by Hull for this new thread to do get off to a good start.

Can I start the monday meltdown ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Leadership and organisation are essential in defense and since Carra is gone Toure is the only person who has shown that in the team. In my opinion he needs to play until anyone else consistently shows that trait. It can't be a quiet back four of just talented players. Communication is necessary for them to be a team.

His age is a positive for me. Experience is a bonus in that position.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rarnes1 wrote: »
    People moaning about Alan not posting is hilarious.

Worse than any of his posts tbh and contribute far less to the thread.

You'd swear we'd won the title the way some are calling him out.

We could be in a very different situation by the end of December if things don't go our way. Wouldn't be getting carried away at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why did we get do focused on 1 poster. There's a lot more who post worse than Alan.

Least his posts are sometimes constructive

Anyway. Moving on. Can we play sakho Sunday please. Don't like seeing him on the bench

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Who the hell is Mr Alan?

Are we on Sky on Sunday?

Are those my feet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Who the hell is Mr Alan?

Are we on Sky on Sunday?

Are those my feet?

A poster

Yes

Maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"what's that honey You do think Mata will add quality and depth to the squad? Okay I'll make it happen"

article-0-0BEB12B0000005DC-80_468x337.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Drop the Mr Alan stuff. Whether he posts or not is his own business, and any further little cheap shots at him will risk mod action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭mosstin

Milkers wrote: »
    For me what's even worse than Mr Alan not posting when the team is doing well, or people moaning about Mr Alan not posting when the team is doing well, is people pointing out that the only thing worse than Mr Alan not posting when the team is doing well is people pointing out that he's not posting when the team is doing well.

the-twilight-zone-300x168.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ooh new thread:)

I'd love to have the know how, to edit that picture Mike65 posted of the owner and his lovely by adding bubble captions regarding the banned stuff.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We may be second but things are not as rosy as they would appear. For all the poor form of our top 4 opponents, they ain't far behind. Heck Utd have had their worse start in years and are still on our heels.
    Rodgers is still learning and their still plenty of issues with the squad. Despite Sturridge and one or two other good signings our transfer dealings since Andy Carroll have been a mixed bag at best.
    Rodgers I read has only a couple more points at this stage than Kenny had in the same amount of games.
    We still can't defend.
    We are porous through midfield.
    We are reliant on a want away striker.
    Countinho I feel is being over hyped, he is good but not up to the likes of Mata, and other such players.
    As good as all it is right now, and I'm delighted, we are skating on an icy tight rope.
    We need strong first team replacements or at least good quality competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kevin strootman was the player we needed in the summer I was very disappointed we didn't even try sign him. All action midfielder reminds me of Gerard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We may be second but things are not as rosy as they would appear. For all the poor form of our top 4 opponents, they ain't far behind. Heck Utd have had their worse start in years and are still on our heels.
    Rodgers is still learning and their still plenty of issues with the squad. Despite Sturridge and one or two other good signings our transfer dealings since Andy Carroll have been a mixed bag at best.
    Rodgers I read has only a couple more points at this stage than Kenny had in the same amount of games.
    We still can't defend.
    We are porous through midfield.
    We are reliant on a want away striker.
    Countinho I feel is being over hyped, he is good but not up to the likes of Mata, and other such players.
    As good as all it is right now, and I'm delighted, we are skating on an icy tight rope.
    We need strong first team replacements or at least good quality competition.

That's the kind of thing that needs backing up with fachts. Are you talking KDs first/only full season or his honeymoon in Jan-May 2011

edit here is said facts

2011-12
    5 4 2 19--1.73

2013-14
    7 2 2 23--2.09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Just saw this on facbook

“You would prefer two in there to really be challenging. Jose is clearly one of the best left-backs in the league and to have him out is a blow.

“We brought in a cover one in Cissokho and you have the likes of Jon Flanagan who can play on both flanks comfortably.

“It is certainly something that if Jose is going to be out for a long time we would have to look at it for sure.

“We think Jose will be a few months. It is not a long-term one but will be the New Year for sure.”

So I wonder will we get a left back or not .

December looks like it could be make or break.

If we can hold it together and stay in the mix, the board might release the funds to add good quality to the midfield and left back positions.

The inconsistency of the league might be good to us.

rob316 wrote: »
    Kevin strootman was the player we needed in the summer I was very disappointed we didn't even try sign him. All action midfielder reminds me of Gerard.

Can remember quite a few on here and elsewhere sharing your pov on Strootman being a potential future Gerrard replacement. Very good player with a lot of time on his side to get even better.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    December looks like it could be make or break.

If we can hold it together and stay in the mix, the board might release the funds to add good quality to the midfield and left back positions.

The inconsistency of the league might be good to us.

December has some very very tough games, but looking through the list of seven games, I think we could finish the month with 14 points from those games. A two points per game average for December would not be something to sniff at, and would see us with 38 points come the start of the Jan Transfer window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Kess73 wrote: »
    December has some very very tough games, but looking through the list of seven games, I think we could finish the month with 14 points from those games. A two points per game average for December would not be something to sniff at, and would see us with 38 points come the start of the Jan Transfer window.
    14 points would be very respectable
    Would be happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Leave Andy Alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

rob316 wrote: »
    i like Strootman
    looks to be a leader on the pitch too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Flamini would have been superb for us. And cost nothing!

14 points be just the best I could honestly imagine but I do fear it be closer to 10. I'm thinking probably 11 or 12, anything after that be a bonus. As bad as Spurs have been, I still think it be very difficult to get a result at the lane and getting a result at either city or the bridge should be even harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mike65 wrote: »
    That's the kind of thing that needs backing up with fachts. Are you talking KDs first/only full season or his honeymoon in Jan-May 2011

edit here is said facts

2011-12
    5 4 2 19--1.73

2013-14
    7 2 2 23--2.09

It was after 50 I think. Can't remember where I read it. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Right so with hull coming up on Sunday who would people like to see in the line up ?

I'm thinking this should be the starting team .

Mig
    Flanagan---Skrtel---Agger---Johnson
    Lucas

Henderson
    Allen

Coutinho

Sturrigde
    Suarez

I would leave Stevie on the bench until at least the 60th minute and let him loose then .

I would like to see Toure and Sakho come into the team and think it would make sense to leave Flanagan at LB. Rest Gerrard, play Allen and give Alberto a run out.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just saw this on facbook

“You would prefer two in there to really be challenging. Jose is clearly one of the best left-backs in the league and to have him out is a blow.

“We brought in a cover one in Cissokho and you have the likes of Jon Flanagan who can play on both flanks comfortably.

“It is certainly something that if Jose is going to be out for a long time we would have to look at it for sure.

“We think Jose will be a few months. It is not a long-term one but will be the New Year for sure.”

So I wonder will we get a left back or not .

The Sevilla LB we've been linked to a few times in recent months looked excellent in the Seville Derby. Wouldn't mind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

I don't get how some people can say we won't get Dembele because Spurs won't sell to a team in the same league and then think we have a realistic chance of signing Mata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,985 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don't get how some people can say we won't get Dembele because Spurs won't sell to a team in the same league and then think we have a realistic chance of signing Mata.

Very very unlikely we'd have a chance of getting Mata, but Spurs (and more importantly Levy) are the toughest to buy from in the country. (Special mention to Oyston though).

To put it in perspective, I think were we to actually buy one or the other, the price would be the same because of the way Spurs operate, despite the obvious quality difference between the two players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I don't think Chelsea would loan him to a side that could potentially challange them for the top 4. Granted, they're likely to challange for the title, but if there's only a few points between Liverpool & Chelsea in January, they'd be mad to risk loaning him

The only advantage of loaning him to another English club from a Chelsea perspective is that it gives them a similar advantage to that they get with Lukaku at everton, in that everyone else has to play a stronger EFC then Chelsea, and more likely to drop points there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Links to Alan 'Kevin Mendez' Olivera have surfaced again in the Mirror of all places as apparently Suarez has talked him up. We and a few other clubs scouted him at the U-17 World Cup during the summer. As an avid watcher of Uruguayan football, mainly Peñarol (his parent club) and Nacional I'd like to give an insight, but sadly, I only watch the first team (level of streaming of Uruguayan football isn't very good) and he is yet to feature. Being 17 would probably be a factor in that I'd imagine, not to mention the fact they're struggling this season, so throwing him in at the deep end would be a great idea for his development.

Did find this yootuube video of his skillz however.

Armed with a box of tricks, confidence and is very direct. Has an eye for a pass, works hard from the front line, tenacious and a good finisher. Similar qualities to our own Luis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I think Spurs game against United at the weekend is vital for them. Another loss would mean they're playing catch up and could be the final nail in AVBs coffin if the papers are to be believed.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

AVB is going nowhere.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    AVB is going nowhere.

Levy has proven to be quiet ruthless with managers once he's decided he's not right for the job. Both redknapp & Jol had finished quiet high in the league, 5th & 4 th iirc, prior to being sacked, and both could have considerd themselves unlucky

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Levy has proven to be quiet ruthless with managers once he's decided he's not right for the job. Both redknapp & Jol had finished quiet high in the league, 5th & 4 th iirc, prior to being sacked, and both could have considerd themselves unlucky

Best ever PL start, 4 points off second and all this after selling their best player.

if a 6-0 defeat can (with a practically new squad) make you lose your job then I think I might just find me a new sport/league to follow.

All this AVB talk in 1/3 lazy journalism, 1/3 smart bookmakers, 1/3 hopeful opposition fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Our set piece defending is pretty dismissal we really need an organiser in the team ASAP .
    Right so with hull coming up on Sunday who would people like to see in the line up ?

I'm thinking this should be the starting team .

Mig
    Toure Flanagan---Sakho Skrtel---Agger---Johnson
    Lucas

Henderson
    Allen

Coutinho

Sturrigde
    Suarez

I would leave Stevie on the bench until at least the 60th minute and let him loose then .

If you put the team like this you have 2 organisers in the back 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Best ever PL start, 4 points off second and all this after selling their best player.

if a 6-0 defeat can (with a practically new squad) make you lose your job then I think I might just find me a new sport/league to follow.

All this AVB talk in 1/3 lazy journalism, 1/3 smart bookmakers, 1/3 hopeful opposition fans.

The opposing view to that is ...
    spent €107m
    lost 4 games out of 12 [including 2 games against top 4 rivals (2 draws against top 4 rivals also) ] and no win in 3
    scraped victories against perceived whipping boys (teams which those around them are beating for fun)

Levy would be mad to get rid, but it's not beyond bounds of possibility if they lose against Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

If you put the team like this you have 2 organisers in the back 4

Flan has played well at left back and toure is shocking right back…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭brevity

gafferino wrote: »

I think that's the "next Ibrahimovich" that Nuri posted a while back.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

gafferino wrote: »

If he does join us might be an indication of what kids think of us these days :(

Not a great thing to say anyhow, regardless of who he joins.
    "I want to join a club who need a striker." Berisha explained.

"Then I can exploit that to get playing time. I don't think I will join a very big club. My agent has give me suggestions, but he lets me decide."

5starpool wrote: »
    If he does join us might be an indication of what kids think of us these days :(

Considering the clubs mentioned that should give Sunderland some hope of landing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads - let the Mata thing go. We have about as much chance of getting him as the Falklands reverting back to Argentinian ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

5starpool wrote: »

He doesn't want to join a big club - well I guess that rules us out :(

Maybe he'll join Manchester United then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lads - let the Mata thing go. We have about as much chance of getting him as the Falklands reverting back to Argentinian ownership.

58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

Come next summer, when/if Suarez is making noises about leaving again, would anyone take a straight swap for Mata?

Personally I would. While I rate Suarez higher, it'd guarantee a genuinely world class player coming in as one leaves, something no transfer fee could guarantee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Come next summer, when/if Suarez is making noises about leaving again, would anyone take a straight swap for Mata?

Personally I would. While I rate Suarez higher, it'd guarantee a genuinely world class player coming in as one leaves, something no transfer fee could guarantee

Think it would be daft to sell him to another PL team unless we get crazy money.

Would need something like Mata + 20m.

No...Mata plus 50m please :D

** I'm greedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

AVB is going nowhere.

Yeah thats the problem at present. If they don`t make the top 4(which is looking increasingly likely) after spending all the Bale money and then some I imagine he`d be gone within a week with that annoying croaky voice of his.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement