Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Yee haw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any of you heading over tomorrow?

im going for a 2-0 win anyway, but international break throws up some very weird results. thank f*ck we are at home here, if we were away it could have been alot tougher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rooney and Anderson are fat.

Now it's a United thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Rooney and Anderson are fat.

Now it's a United thread ;)
    Carrick is crap, Nani is inconsistent, Evra's finished, De Gea is an unmitigated disaster and we have no midfield.

Now it's a United thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

....Carrick is not good enough.... Cambo beat me to it....

Defo, one of those mid-lower table ones where there is a big difference being at home versus playing them away...
    Think we should win comfortably
    ish:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sell Rooney and get Neymar Hurr Durr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Whats the latest on Sneijder ? Cheeky bid in Jan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Fergie Out, Sell Welbeck.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Buy all the wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

When is Smalling back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

OctavarIan wrote: »
    When is Smalling back?

End of the month according to PhysioRoom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thank fcuk we're back to Premier League action again,it seems like ages since we played Newcastle.

BTW the Stoke game is live on Setanta tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

zerks wrote: »
    Thank fcuk we're back to Premier League action again,it seems like ages since we played Newcastle.

BTW the Stoke game is live on Setanta tomorrow.
    Setanta Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Setanta :mad:

The only sports channel I don't have and were always feckin on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Setanta :mad:

The only sports channel I don't have and were always feckin on it!

Its on Setanta Ireland so we'll all get to watch it :D

Spurs V Chelsea (Sky Sports 12:45)
    Utd v Stoke (3:00 Setanta Ireland)
    Norwich v Arsenal (ESPN 17:45)

Full day of footy ahead, can't beat it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What are the odds on Charlie Adam trying to break RVP in two tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Carrick is crap, Nani is inconsistent, Evra's finished, De Gea is an unmitigated disaster and we have no midfield.

Now it's a United thread.

I'd like to think with that out of the way that we can discuss other things for the next 10,000 posts.

But I doubt it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Wahey, new thread.
    I know I don't post too often these days but I'm forever lurking.

I'm a big fan of De Gea. If Lindegaard has picked up an injury, I think Ferguson being forced to select him is fantastic news for us, the rotating is doing him no good whatsoever.

I'm glad to see Rafael has made RB his own. I think he's going to be such a player for us for a long time. It'll be interesting to see now if Fabio can do the same at LB since Buttner's arrival and of course, Fergie's reluctance to drop Evra.

On that note, Buttner looks a good prospect, but I haven't seen him enough to make a proper call.

I had someone say to me the other day that Cleverley is rubbish. I don't agree with this at all. I think he's a very tidy player. I can't see him being a superstar ever but he can nail down a place in a midfield trio here and do a great job for us. He certainly has bags of potential and may go on to nail down his place in the England squad after the Lampard/Gerrard era.

Kagawa has slightly underperformed since his arrival but I'd say give it some time and he'll be showing form like he was for Dortmund.

Just some thoughts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

While I am a big Ireland supporter the fact that Internationals are on a Friday leaves for no football at weekends which is the killer for me.

Least before when games were on Saturday and Ireland were playing after 7.00pm you normally had few games on the before and could make a bit of day/session out of it.

Looking forward to game today. For as tough as Stoke are for most teams we generally have decent record against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

While I am a big Ireland supporter the fact that Internationals are on a Friday leaves for no football at weekends which is the killer for me.

Least before when games were on Saturday and Ireland were playing after 7.00pm you normally had few games on the before and could make a bit of day/session out of it.

Looking forward to game today. For as tough as Stoke are for most teams we generally have decent record against them.

Ya the Saturday evening games were a great excuse for a few pints(if there is such a thing) :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Good for the clubs but absolutely shìt for the fans.
    I'm often still in work Friday evening come kick off.
    Saturday tv is muck without football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

All he needs is a cape.

A5qQE4pCcAEWA-J.jpg

Good win today, played some nice football.

To Chelsea next week. A win there is a must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Fell asleep bout half two.
    Just woke up now.... Yay, we won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

From BBC website

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, speaking about Rio Ferdinand not wearing a Kick It Out T-shirt in the warm-up before his side's game against Stoke: "At the press conference yesterday I spoke to the press about it. It is embarrassing for me. He will be dealt with, no doubt about that."

To Chelsea next week. A win there is a must.

Oh I would not say its must win game.

A draw would be a decent result imo.

Very early days and plenty of football left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Felexicon wrote: »
    From BBC website

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, speaking about Rio Ferdinand not wearing a Kick It Out T-shirt in the warm-up before his side's game against Stoke: "At the press conference yesterday I spoke to the press about it. It is embarrassing for me. He will be dealt with, no doubt about that."

Uh oh.

Felexicon wrote: »
    From BBC website

Rio needs to grow up a small bit.

If he cared as much about his defensive duties for his club(which he is paid to do) rather then drag out something that's been going on for year too many he be better off for all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oh I would not say its must win game.

A draw would be a decent result imo.

Very early days and plenty of football left.

I would describe it as a "must not lose", Chelsea look good and I would be very uncomfortable with them gaining any more points on us.

Un-related, who said a few weeks ago "I don't rate Mata." in here? Lots of people called him out on it at the time but it's extra funny now that he has 6 in his last 5 and looks bloody brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Important to get the win today, especially with the defence not looking so solid these days. Can't see many teams putting four past Stoke this season.

Bit of a pain in the arse that Chelsea and city won having both been behind relatively late in their games but that's the way it goes. I'm sure city will lose the run of themselves again over their late winner but I can see them coming unstuck over the course of the season. They're nowhere near as good as they think they are. Chelsea are our biggest threat. We need a result against them next week. United we stand!

Important to get the win today, especially with the defence not looking so solid these days. Can't see many teams putting four past Stoke this season.

Bit of a pain in the arse that Chelsea and city won having both been behind relatively late in their games but that's the way it goes. I'm sure city will lose the run of themselves again over their late winner but I can see them coming unstuck over the course of the season. They're nowhere near as good as they think they are. Chelsea are our biggest threat. We need a result against them next week. United we stand!

Have to agree Chelsea look more of a threat so far this season,the attacking options they have are better then Citys imo,Hazard,Mata and Oscar are very hard to play against with their constant movement and clever passing like we saw today for Mata's second goal,brilliant pass from Hazard,in saying that I think with the attacking power we have we are going to trouble them as well at the back,could end up a 2-2 draw which wouldn't be a bad result at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Have to agree Chelsea look more of a threat so far this season,the attacking options they have are better then Citys imo,Hazard,Mata and Oscar are very hard to play against with their constant movement and clever passing like we saw today for Mata's second goal,brilliant pass from Hazard,in saying that I think with the attacking power we have we are going to trouble them as well at the back,could end up a 2-2 draw which wouldn't be a bad result at this stage of the season.

I'd take that result right here and now. It's crucial that we don't lose the game because that would be three defeats before the end of October which just wouldn't look at all good on the balance sheet.

I'd take that result right here and now. It's crucial that we don't lose the game because that would be three defeats before the end of October which just wouldn't look at all good on the balance sheet.

Ya another loss is a big no no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Eathrin wrote: »
    I'm glad to see Rafael has made RB his own. I think he's going to be such a player for us for a long time. It'll be interesting to see now if Fabio can do the same at LB since Buttner's arrival and of course, Fergie's reluctance to drop Evra.

I'd like to see Fabio and Rafael be our two RB's. That'd be two RB's, 5 CD's (3 of which are injury prone!) and 2 LB's. Eventually Rio, Vidic and Evra will need to be replaced. We have Wootton coming through and we might only need to purchase another CD and LB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rafael has not made anything his own yet. We'll know if he has when Smalling and Jones are back and 100%, something tells me Rafael won't be starting as much when they are back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And that would be a huge shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Well there's certainly no shortage of goals in this team.

Barring the Everton match (Kagawas first in PL, RvP only came on as a sub, Rooney tubby tubby) we've been banging them in.

If we start keeping clean sheets it would be great.

RVP has been immsense for us.

That world class difference he has made for us up front is hard to get.

His goal today was terrific. The Technique to score from where he did should not be underestimated.

He sure has, but still even though hes been banging in goals, winning us games, I still can't believe hes our player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

RVP's cross for Roo's first was undefendable. Bent it around Walters and took both CB's out of it.

Rooney's cross for Welbeck's goal was amazing too.

Really hoping for Kag to play in the CL next week and put in a decent show.

Also hope Raf gets to keep his place at RB for the forseable future. When he's fully fit, I'd like to see Smalling at CB instead of, dare I say it, Rio. Made a boo-boo today for Kightly's goal, although Carrick's half- arsed tracking didn't help him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

United cant afford to lose to Chelsea now!

If they do then it will be a long season trying to get them 7 points back considering City are also in the race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Yup RVP has been great. The hole in our midfield appears to be getting bigger though.

United cant afford to lose to Chelsea now!

If they do then it will be a long season trying to get them 7 points back considering City are also in the race

7 points is nothing still.

Prick! wrote: »
    7 points is nothing still.

No 7 points is Chelsea losing 3 games and United not slipping up.

7 points is 7 points at whatever stage.

I would love to see Anderson start against Chelsea.

Wont happen, but if I was picking the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No 7 points is Chelsea losing 3 games and United not slipping up.

7 points is 7 points at whatever stage.
    Chelsea will lose around 6 more games this season. They've had the easiest start to the season of all the challengers. They really aren't that good.

Chelsea will lose around 6 more games this season. They've had the easiest start to the season of all the challengers. They really aren't that good.

Hard to say, arguably it is harder for a London team to win the title (they have more derby games).

They have taken 7 points from QPR, Arsenal and Spurs away derby games, and also beat Newcastle.

Of course, im a Chelsea fan so I am probably biased, but I dont think its been as easy as everyone claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Can't claim that Spurs away, Arsenal away, Newcastle were part of an easy start. They took the 9 points on offer.

Yeah Chelsea haven't had a bad day yet have they?

0-0 with QPR remember, Reading gave them a scare too.

1 player (Hazard), I'm not counting Oscar as I don't think he'll have a massive role at Chelsea this season can't make them the best side in the PL from where they were last season.

Prick! wrote: »
    Yeah Chelsea haven't had a bad day yet have they?

0-0 with QPR remember, Reading gave them a scare too.

1 player (Hazard), I'm not counting Oscar as I don't think he'll have a massive role at Chelsea this season can't make them the best side in the PL from where they were last season.

0-0 away to QPR in QPR's biggest fixture of any season was not a bad result for Chelsea at all!

Cahill is only starting his first full season, Mikel has improved incredibly and doesnt get the credit for it too, and Torres is firing again. Its not just Hazard.

And the change of style and tactics has made Chelsea a more formidable outfit IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement