Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should gay couples be allowed to adopt?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

Children should be brought within normal society.

Daddy/Daddy/Son/Daughter, nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Le King wrote: »
    No way. Two men weren't made to have a baby together so why should they bring up one?

It's just plain wrong.

Heterosexual couples with fertility issues "weren't made to have a baby together" either. Should their right to adopt also be denied on those grounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Proper punctuation makes for an easier read. Same with proper spelling.

That said, I call bull**** on everything you just said. They probably would get a little bit of sh1t about it, but it would not be so bad that it could be considered worse than what anyone else would get.

Show me evidence to say it would. If it's your gut feeling, then you are simply masquerading bigotry with a hysterical "somebody think of the children" arguement.

You have spelt argument incorrectly, proper punctuation makes for an easier read.Same with proper spelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Perhaps I'm biased- being a lesbian- but I see no reason why my partner and I wouldn't be able to bring a child up in a happy, healthy environment, if that's something we wished to do in the future. We're not monsters- we're just people and any child of ours would be as loved as any child could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Yeah i think they should. So what if a child has two dads or two mams.

At least these parents would show love and compassion for their child and be better parents than many heterosexual couples whos children may be abused or deprived.

Its also a better life for the child than ending up in an orphanage.

Anyway theres no way a child could be worse off from having two parents of the same sex than growing up in a single parent home. Homosexuals aren't all Glee and Sex and the City stereotypes.

And the whole bullying at school argument is rubbish as well. Many kids get bullied, regardless of their homelife so denying a couple the chance to have a child for life simply because the child 'might' get bullied is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

Funfair wrote: »
    I’m not bothered about gays meeting gays and doing whatever floats there boat but don’t push your luck expecting to blend in with everything else in society. Look ladies ye are not normal ye might pretend your normal ye might have a few students waving flags saying ye're normal but seriously ye are not normal.END OF...
    Your right they rare children all the time in Fairy land

You're a perfect example of all that is wrong with society these days.

Go back under the rock you came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

:confused:

I said they are able to rear (not rare) children - not a word about whether or not they already do.
    Then again, maybe they do it all the time in Fairyland, it's not a place I've ever visited so I wouldn't know about the situation there. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

A woman and a man who have fertility problems "weren't made to make a baby together."

Should they be not allowed adopt?

Yes, because usually a womon can birth a child a man can't, nor can two women.

Heterosexuals should of course be allowed to adopt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

But in the case of a heterosexual or a homosexual couple adopting, nobody is giving birth to the child, nobody is a blood relation to the child. I'm confused by your argument.

How will a heterosexual couple raise their adopted child better than a homosexual couple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

So maybe a woman who is infertile shouldn't adopt?

Surely a lesbian couple would be ideal candidates for adoption then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

No way. Two men weren't made to have a baby together so why should they bring up one?

It's just plain wrong.

By your logic only straight couples can raise children. What (on your planet) would happen if one parent left/died? Would the surviving parent be then obligated to find an immediate replacement spouse or the child would be taken away and placed with another straight couple thus rectifying the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

You're a perfect example of all that is wrong with society these days.

Go back under the rock you came from.

You want rights for GAYS, what about the freedom of speach rights?

I'm not going to pretend that I like the idea of gays adopting children because its cool around the collage campus to be gay

P.S. I don't like knackers rights either by the way, but thats another story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You want rights for GAYS, what about the freedom of speach rights?

I'm not going to pretend that I like the idea of gays adopting children because its cool around the collage campus to be gay

P.S. I don't like knackers rights either by the way, but thats another story

Wtf :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Parents who care> Parents who don't

Thats the bottom line, doesn't matter on their sexual orientation, colour of their skin or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Legalising gay marriage is just going to encourage more people into engaging in homosexuality. Homosexuality is simply a behavioural disorder, psychiatrists the world over are in agreement about this.

Rubbish. Psychiatrists the world over are certainly not in agreement about this. Have you ever actually read any research on the matter that wasn't undertaken by fundamentalist christian groups?

Genetics and environmental factors contribute to a person's sexuality. These factors are specific to each individual. There is no single 'gay gene', nor is there a behavioural 'disorder' that leads to homosexuality. Biological processes like different levels of hormone exposure in the womb also contribute to a person's sexuality. Sexuality is like a spectrum - you do not have to be placed as either straight or gay, many people can be a little bit gay or a little bit straight or completely bisexual.

None of that has anything to do with a person's suitability to be a parent. Once you are capable of nurturing and of providing a safe and loving environment, you should be allowed to be a parent, regardless or gender, sexuality, race, creed, marital status etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

How is freedom of speech getting into this? Who got censored while not breaking the charter rules?

anyone would beat that crazy lady in the "woman for hell" thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

But in the case of a heterosexual or a homosexual couple adopting, nobody is giving birth to the child, nobody is a blood relation to the child. I'm confused by your argument.

How will a heterosexual couple raise their adopted child better than a homosexual couple?
    So maybe a woman who is infertile shouldn't adopt?

Surely a lesbian couple would be ideal candidates for adoption then.
    By your logic only straight couples can raise children. What (on your planet) would happen if one parent left/died? Would the surviving parent be then obligated to find an immediate replacement spouse or the child would be taken away and placed with another straight couple thus rectifying the situation?

Hold on here a minute, firstly homosexuality is a behavioural disorder, this is proven by the fact that how do small towns (towns with less than 40,000) people have less homosexuals per person than a large city? Explain that to me.

Also I have never said anything about blood relation, your smearing my argument. Also, infertile women in a straight relationship should be allowed to adopt and I have never said otherwise.

I'm sure two homosexuals could raise a child, as could one man or a pack of apes if trained right. Your deflecting the point that it is just plain wrong. The child, especially the alpha male status that exists in the world of schooling would be murdered in school.

All sorts of problems clearly start with gay adoption. I would 100% vote against it if it came into this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Any 2 retards can have a kid and treat it like sh1t but god forbid should 2 people who would love a kid try to raise it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OK. We have had this discussion before.
    That's not really enough to close the thread though so how about this.
    It's clearly a troll thread designed to bait people. That's my assessment based on the language used by the OP throughout the thread. There has been some ugly language used to describe homosexuals in this thread and a number of posters have been banned also. A good day after hours and have a pleasant weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement