Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Big Freeze?

• 03-12-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

I was watching the news a few days ago and this statement came along "We learned from last year" but in my opinion their doing worse than last year.

So where did they learn? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

On the wrapper of a Penguin Bar it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

I was watching the news a few days ago and this statement came along "We learned from last year" but in my opinion their doing worse than last year.

So where did they learn? :)

Any chance you'd let us in on who they are..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Lol. People need to man up! It's just a bit of ****ing snow. I made it from Belfast to Cork last night no problems. Why is everyone being such a pussy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Well I think we all learned to watch out for icy spots when the RTÉ news camera is around ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Squarewave wrote: »
    Any chance you'd let us in on who they are..?

The guys in the grey suits & dark glasses, that are standing right behind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Lol. People need to man up! It's just a bit of ****ing snow. I made it from Belfast to Cork last night no problems. Why is everyone being such a pussy?

I agree. But either way theres nothing being done. Same snow keeps freezing up on the roads. Havent seen one slow plow around DC this week.

Most people are either way to lazy or dont have enough rare-sense to drive in deep snow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Only things they seemed to have learnt is to knock up a webpage on www.transport.ie pointing to status updates from Dublin bus, Irish rail etc.

They may have ordered some more grit and salt, but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

Same snow keeps freezing up on the roads. Havent seen one slow plow around DC this week.

Yeah, but you're in Washington, how does that help us ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

But theres hardly any point of throwing grit and salt on snow if it gets mixed with the sludge or snowed over.

On the news every single country was removing snow of the roads with snow plows. Even mini ones for path walks.

Here? You see people doing donuts in the middle of a crossroad :)

D.C. DUBLIN CITY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Life goes on outside the pale, snow or no snow....

• Advertisement
Advertisement