Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas to 3 Arena - Best Route

Options
  • 22-09-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, Im started work in Citywest soon and live near the 3 Arena. Should be finishing work between 430-5pm. Any ideas on the fastest route home.

I have Google Mapped it and its giving me two realistic options

1. Via the N4 and the quays
    2. Via the M50 and down through Whitehall and Fairview.

I dont want to be stuck in traffic for an hour! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Get the LUAS!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 PaddyRussell

I was being general by saying City West. Its actually Naas I'll be based in but passing City West. I will have to drive. Need the car for work too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

The port tunnel and the m50 if you can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Luas to the red cow and Dublin Coach to nass perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Problem with the M50 is every other day someone loses a hub cab and it take 4 hrs for everyone to have a look.

I was being general by saying City West. Its actually Naas I'll be based in but passing City West. I will have to drive. Need the car for work too!

Leave the car at work get the luas home

...I dont want to be stuck in traffic for an hour! Any suggestions?

You wont be....it will 1hr+

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

drive down quays, onto n4, m50 southbound, then n7... youll be going against the flow of traffic for the most part, I would have thought...

I didn't read your route properly. I thought you were going into town not the opposite. That probably won't be that bad. The M50 always seems to be bad though.

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    drive down quays, onto n4, m50 southbound, then n7... youll be going against the flow of traffic for the most part, I would have thought...

Yeah, that was what I was assuming I will do. Im guessing the quays will be the longest leg of the journey.

When I hit the Liffey at Heuston - Am I best just staying on the quays or trying to get onto Parnell St?

Yeah, that was what I was assuming I will do. Im guessing the quays will be the longest leg of the journey.

When I hit the Liffey at Heuston - Am I best just staying on the quays or trying to get onto Parnell St?

Thanks for all the help.

Looks like a fe combinations but getting to Heuston and a multide of routes then looks like the options I have! Wish me luck.

Thought about making my way down the canal and Using the Sam Becket but that seems mad!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Idbatterim wrote: »

Not once they hit the M50.

Everyone on the North is trying to go South, while everyone on the South is trying to go North.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'd say your best bet would be Quays > N4 > M50 > M/N7

Quays might be a bit rough, N4 should be OK as you're going against traffic, M50 should be OK, as you're only going one exit and you can stay in the aux lane the whole way between the N4 and N7 interchanges. Since J9 (N7) is completely free flow in that direction and Newlands X is now done, you shouldn't have any traffic back up here, then it's plain sailing to Naas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Depending on what part of Naas you will go to, it may be an option to get the Luas to Heuston and train to Sallins / Naas. The Monread area of Naas would probably be walkable.

It's only about 20/30 mins by train from Heuston.

Advertisement