Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Huawei E5330 for cafe hotspot ?

Options
  • 20-06-2014 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I am running a small cafe attached to my house and my current home broadband is wireless provided by a small broadband provider. While it is adequate for home use the feed I have in the cafe has been unreliable. I was thinking of switching the cafe feed to an 02 Huawei E5330 prepay as the cafe would be closed for most of the winter and I could drop the internet for a few months.02 coverage is very good and I cannot get broadband through phoneline.
    Any drawbacks with this plan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

One busy day and you end up with a €300 bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Yeah could happen but I'm in a pretty rural spot and most customers are tourists and just want to check emails etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Power Gear

If the 02 3g coverage is good then Tesco mobile will be the same.

O2 prepay 7.5 gb for €20.00

Tesco mobile prepay 15 gb for €15.00

http://www.tescomobile.ie/broadbandandinternet/broadband-devices/pay-as-you-go.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cbanv

Yeah the Tesco Mobile option looks good! On the modem you can change the ssid to the cafe name and have the wifi network open or secured with a key! I would activate ap isolation on the modem aswell as change the default passwords on the modem!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Surely a mobile broadband will be under pressure the same way your home system is now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Most likely mobile broadband would be much worse when alot of users begin to connect to it.

Advertisement