Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF7 Web Series

Options
  • 23-07-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ffviiwebseries/final-fantasy-vii-the-web-series-unofficial-fan-pr

The guys behind the concept video below have teamed up with a number of entities to produce a web series based on the FF7 game. It will be 5 or 6 episodes, each approx 15 mins long. While it doesn't appear to be fully endorsed by Square Enix, the company is well aware of it and they have expressed an interest in it as a project. The team has also managed to get the licencing rights to the music which is a a fairly large step. Not sure how I feel about this. I may be getting to the point where I think they can't really do much more with this game but the FF7 fanboy in me is jumping up and down in excitement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I wish they would stop adapting and remaking the thing. Teaser doesn't interest me at all and there's not a hope in hell of them making £400,000 in a month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It looks kind of gash to be honest. Too much cringe for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Bit rubbish, the wanted poster wasn't bad, I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think if you are going to take FFVII's story that seriously you've already failed because the game doesn't take it's story that seriously either. There's an element of silliness and absurdity there which is a lot of the plot's charm. The tone is completely wrong and it just seems like a bunch of cosplayers trying way too hard with embarassing results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think if you are going to take FFVII's story that seriously you've already failed because the game doesn't take it's story that seriously either. There's an element of silliness and absurdity there which is a lot of the plot's charm. The tone is completely wrong and it just seems like a bunch of cosplayers trying way too hard with embarassing results.

Case in point. Crossdressing. That is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

This crowd just had their kickstarter frozen and are under negotiations with Squares legal team. I've never known that team to allow much so I imagine this is the end for this particular fan project

EDIT: Their website has also been taken down which is a shame. Mainly because it had links to a few interesting bits and pieces I wanted to buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I don't know why Square don't just do an anime series in the style of Last Order. Apart from one pretty hideous retcon it was pretty good. Or even just an episodic spinoff about some of the character's backstories or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

snausages wrote: »
    I don't know why Square don't just do an anime series in the style of Last Order. Apart from one pretty hideous retcon it was pretty good. Or even just an episodic spinoff about some of the character's backstories or something.
    It doesn't matter anyway, because it is no longer sqauresoft that we know of.

Here's another springing up out of the ether. This time FFVI. I hope Square do the humane thing again and wipe this from the face of the planet like they did the FFVII one:

Square Enix lawyer brigade, please nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BadmanRiddim

These both look like utter scutter. The FFVI one is particularly laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

FFVI and VII are stupid and silly stories so any attempt at a grim and dark live-action adaptation is only going to look absurd.

edit: What retro said

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

aw, not being rude here, but, FF7 teaser is good, but i don't like the one one who portray Aerith, and also the character of Barrett, at least if they one to make a live film about, make sure they portray the character well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Spoiler to that trailer - SHE DIES!

Side note - Barret actor looked ridiculous, just cause he's black don't make him Barret... he's too skinny while that gun is the size of his body, lol.

Advertisement