Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting social welfare fraud, Confidentiality?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Im considering reporting someone for claiming social welfare payments while working. Can anyone tell me how much the reward is and is the process completely confidential even if i wish to claim the reward?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

this is more suitable for AH tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

tramper wrote: »
    Im considering reporting someone for claiming social welfare payments while working. Can anyone tell me how much the reward is and is the process completely confidential even if i wish to claim the reward?

The bounty is fifty shillings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I thought something had changed when you said reward. Make you cover your tracks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

The reward is that warm feeling inside you'll have.

Confidentiality is subject to the usual assurances and the level of incompetence within the Department of Social Welfare. In short, there will be people who know you made the report, and they're not supposed to share that information with anyone. But they might.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

report it for the good of the economy. i have no qualms reporting these thiefs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Why would you get a reward? It's not like they'll say "oh, since this guy is a fraud and not getting our money, YOU should have it!".

You get the joy of reporting someone who doesn't need it and knowing that by stopping one person, you could probably allow someone else to take it that does need it.

Plus, if they are just layabouts you get the warm joy-joy feeling they'll now be a working stiff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Mom2Be

So basically you were just going reporting this person because you thought you would receive an award..

In my opinion that is no different to someone that is claiming and working.
    Out for whatever they can get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Your reward will be that there will be more money for the booze up at the end of the week in the dail bar and all the TD,s will thank you for it by having a free drink or 10 at your expense.:pac::pac:

Grow up ffs.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

you know you can work up to 3 days and still get sw so make sure you have that right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The reward is that warm feeling inside you'll have.

Confidentiality is subject to the usual assurances and the level of incompetence within the Department of Social Welfare. In short, there will be people who know you made the report, and they're not supposed to share that information with anyone. But they might.

You can report suspected social welfare fraud anonymously...

https://www.welfare.ie/EN/Secure/Pages/ReportSuspectFraud.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

You get two-thirds of the social welfare payment that they were receiving for life, no questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

You get two-thirds of the social welfare payment that they were receiving for life, no questions asked.
    and a columbo style raincoat and binoculars...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Balagan wrote: »

You can report suspected social welfare fraud anonymously...

https://www.welfare.ie/EN/Secure/Pages/ReportSuspectFraud.aspx

Don't be telling him that. Let him cough up his name to the Welfare and ask for his reward.
    The whole Department will be laughing their bollocks off at him within hours.

Advertisement