Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

entitled to anything?

• 01-03-2011 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was wondering if anyone would know if my fiance, is entitled to any payments or should be signing on at dole office ? we are living together in a house I bought at end of 2006, but we only moved in , in 2008. She was a single mum claimimg lone parents, but came off when we moved in together. She was not advised when she came off lone parents to sign on or claim anything at all, and would seem now to be non existant in the system?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

She could claim JSA but that would be based on your earnings as her means. If you have over 500 per week and 1 child she may only be entitled to €34 per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Is she looking for work? What is your income?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

Hi,

Your Partner could apply for Jobseekers Allowance, but she must be availabe for full-time work, genuinely seeking employment and capable of full-time employment. She must then prove that your means are below the present max for of JA for your Faimly size. I am guessing one child, so the max rate would be €188+€124.80+€29.80 giving a total of €342.60. She would then be means tested if you have any income from employment, there are certain disregards if you work, there is a daily disregard of €20 up to a max of €60 from your earned money, then 60% of that will give you your weekly means to me assessed.

Then means will then be taken from the Faimly rate. If the means are over the Family rate of the €342.60 then you will be entitled to no payment, and your partner can sign on for credits.

Another option would be for you to claim FIS this is the Family Income Supplement. For a family with one child there is an income limit of €506 weekly, if you earn below this you can qualify.

You'd probaly be better off talking to an Information Officer at the INOU 018560088, you can give them your figures from employment and they could work out how much means you would be assessed on, thats if you do work.

Their website is www.inou.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kestrel17

many thanks to you all. Will update you how things go...

• Advertisement
Advertisement