Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE's new site and it's sh#tty tv listings

• 04-04-2007 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is anyone else having trouble with the tv listings on RTE's new site?

When I go on to it, it loads the first page fine (the listings for RTE 1), but when I select a channel from the drop down box, it loads for a few moments and then just stops. Everytime I want to change the listings to another channel, I have to select the channel, wait for it to fail to load, then refresh the webpage and select the channel. Every single bloody time! And it happens to me on 3 different computers.

Please tell me I'm not the only one haveing this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just tried it and it's working fine for me with IE 7.
    Can't say my initial view on the new layout is positive!

Do you have scripts blocked on your browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Yeah I noticed this! But the listings are at the bottom of the page- you gotta scroll down! I did the user survey they had and voiced my problem with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Same problem here with Firefox, its a bit temperamental. It works at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Works fine here...

Where's the drop down box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Oops, I lie, not working anymore... Same thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

bluewolf wrote:
    Where's the drop down box?

*points below*

774878050400313037061390_untitled.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

dulpit wrote:
    Oops, I lie, not working anymore... Same thing...

lol

Actually, I'm using Firefox. Are those using other browsers getting it to work fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Works fine for me using Firefox portable. And the link to TV listings is visible on the home page without scrolling.

I do wish they'd get rid of those ads though - stupid place to put them as well as it being annoying that a site paid for with my taxes and license fee has any at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I usually just type 'rte listings' into google and get this:

http://entertainment.ie/TV_Listings/RTE+1.htm

When I want to see what is on I can check and be done in 2 mins and carry on. Very user friendly site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement