Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefits - What am i entitled to??

Options
  • 10-03-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Ive always worked and never needed any government financial aid but things have changed and im finding it difficult to get by. Can anybody tell me what benefits, if any i am entitled to?

Ill try and give as much relevant information about myself as possible:

24 Single male
    Full time student
    Work about 25 hours per week
    Living in shared rented accommodation (My rent is €450 per month)

Thats about all i can think of adding. If theres any more information that will help, please ask!

Any feedback welcome!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Have you tried the student assistance fund in your college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

you're considered not available for fulltime work because you're a full time student , so you would not qualify for a Jobseekers payment, you do not say if you have any children so i presume not.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭osullic

Rent allowance if you've lived there for over six months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

osullic wrote: »

No, he's in full time education: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

There isn't really much you can do. Is there no way you can move back home and still attend (assuming it's not costing you a lot of travelling spending)?

Failing that... you're pretty much outta luck, I think. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

osullic wrote: »
    only SW recipients qualify for Rent supplement. The OP has no SW payment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement