Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering from BTEA to JSA waiting time?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Im currently in first year in NUIG and will be finishing up my first year of college at the end of april/early may. Does anybody know how long it will take to transfer over from BTEA to JSA when college ends?

Obviously Ill looking for work straight away as the thoughts of having to stay on the dole all summer arent very nice - tbh im sick of scraping by. But i need to ensure I have an income at the same time and am worried there will be a large gap between payments, i have no savings or nothing to fall back on if i have to wait a long time, my parents wouldnt be in any position to help me out due to the recession, and besides im a mature student & would be weird at my age asking for money from them.

does anyone here know the waiting time to transfer between schemes? Id be switching in the galway city office if that helps.

thanks for any advice given!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

I don't know any specifics about Galway office but the switch over is usually pretty seamless, especially if your means, living arrangements etc., are unchanged. You will need to go to the SW office with documentation anyway (see below) etc., and, when there, make request to be restored to the jobseekers payment.

...SWLO's will contact, in March/April of each year, BTEA participants who were previously in receipt of an unemployment payment to determine their intentions for the new academic year. Participants will also be requested to supply the date of last attendance for the current academic year. Payment of the allowance will continue to this date.

Failure to notify the Department of intentions in respect of the forthcoming academic year will result in the immediate suspension of the Back to Education Allowance...

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/pages/bte_all.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

thanks dude!!!

Advertisement