Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meteor E3131 & TP-Link 3420 V2

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Hi all, my TP-Link 3420 arrived today. Haven't had any luck connecting my tesco mobile acc on an unlocked E220 I've knocking about here so I'm going to try and pick up a new dongle. Even though tesco mobile isn't on 4G yet once the O2 & 3 networks merge I assume it will be. With that in mind I want to get a 4G modem. Has anyone any experience of what will work, I was thinking of this one. Any suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 slowbb

Hi

So you have a unlocked E220 and Tesco mobile broadband simm, do I have this correct? Is the pin enabled or disabled on the simm.

You have entered/changed the APN settings in your 3420, whats the status of the 3420 connection?

Have you verified the APN settings on Tesco's website?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

slowbb wrote: »
    Hi

So you have a unlocked E220 and Tesco mobile broadband simm, do I have this correct? Is the pin enabled or disabled on the simm.

You have entered/changed the APN settings in your 3420, whats the status of the 3420 connection?

Have you verified the APN settings on Tesco's website?

Regards

Yes to all the above, the 3420 just didn't pick up the E220. In the mean time I got an unlocked E3531 working fine with it. Just have to figure out the public IP address stuff with the tesco mobile setup for remotely connecting to IP cameras. The WAN IP address is showing the E3531 IP address. Bit of a learning curve for me here as I'm new to this, thanks for the help.

Advertisement