Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Desperately seeking . . .

Options
  • 27-08-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm in the market for a 1989 to 1991 3rd Gen Honda Prelude (pop-up headlights). I've scoured Adverts and all the usual sites to no avail.

As they're not worth much I imagine their owners aren't willing to pay to advertise them ?!

Anyway if anyone knows of any for sale I'd appreciate a heads up :)Edit: Preferably in the R.O.I.

Cheers !

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Thanks Jayok, the second one is the better of the two. The first is the EX model and only has Dual Carbs rather than PGM-Fi.

Was hoping to pick up a higher spec Jap Import with all the bells and whistles. Air-Con and 4WS was standard on most of these. Don't mind if they need some work done to restore them so long as the engine is running.

Thanks for the links though :) Might do some Ebaying later !

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

ZENER wrote: »
    Thanks Jayok, the second one is the better of the two. The first is the EX model and only has Dual Carbs rather than PGM-Fi.

Was hoping to pick up a higher spec Jap Import with all the bells and whistles. Air-Con and 4WS was standard on most of these. Don't mind if they need some work done to restore them so long as the engine is running.

Thanks for the links though :) Might do some Ebaying later !

Ken

their going the same route the boxy civic/crx went.

Cult tax will kill them, as in their worth 4-1000 euro depending on spec, expect to offer double just to get one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Spot on, I've seen some for sale but the asking prices are ridiculous ! I'd rather buy a non restored one and then have the pleasure of doing all the work myself.

I already have one - a black 1990 4WS Si - that I'm working on but need another for spares and hopefully a good engine. I plan on driving it to Spain next year where it will live out it's days.

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Theres one parked in a yard near fort faulkner,over a year there, jap, looks cleanish but neglected,black, i pass it regular,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

ZENER wrote: »
    Hi all.

I'm in the market for a 1989 to 1991 3rd Gen Honda Prelude (pop-up headlights). I've scoured Adverts and all the usual sites to no avail.

As they're not worth much I imagine their owners aren't willing to pay to advertise them ?!

Anyway if anyone knows of any for sale I'd appreciate a heads up :)Edit: Preferably in the R.O.I.

Cheers !

Ken

Any luck in your search?

Advertisement