Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's vodafone mobile broadband like?

Options
  • 16-08-2014 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I'm living in Galway at the moment and was thinking of getting one of the pay as you go contracts with the USB you plug into your laptop. What are the speeds and ping for it here like? Does it slow down at certain times of the day or that?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

No one can tell you, it can vary from one end of the street to the other. All MBB connections slow at peak times like early evening but vodafone is often hit less than more oversubscribed services like 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Vodafone is quite fast in all areas that I have used my phone and mobile broadband if you can get 4G it would be really good. Check the Vodafone map online to see if you are in 3G dual carrier coverage this will give you speeds up to 42Mb/s although I have only seen around 20Mb/s in my area on dual carrier on 4G I get between 30-50Mb/s.

All depends on your area though you could get way less than what I could I'm in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm with both THREE and Vodafone.

Lately, my Vodafone connection stops responding quite often... makes browsing seriously annoying when pages keep acting as though there's no connection.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I'm with both THREE and Vodafone.

Lately, my Vodafone connection stops responding quite often... makes browsing seriously annoying when pages keep acting as though there's no connection.

Three has been more off than on here tonight and thats quite normal, I can't get vodafone but those that I know that do have a far more reliable connection, but thats a generalization and I'll stick by my first post in that you can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I have found 3 to be the slowest and worst in lots of areas it's mostly because they offer unlimited data to customers it's overloading a network that doesn't have much capacity.. The only time you get a good speed on 3 is in the middle of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 deink

Thanks for the replies, gonna get a week or two's credit and see how it goes.

deink wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, gonna get a week or two's credit and see how it goes.

tbh thats the only way to try any of the MBB providers out.

Advertisement