Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 National Broadband Scheme - how do I escalate a complaint?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ciaran121

I have had exactly the same experience with Three in relation to their mobile phone coverage. I've been phoning for months and months in relation to bad coverage or none at all with no avail whatsoever.

Multiple conversations with representatives in Mumbai telling me that they will escalate the problem to the Networks team. The last phone call they told me that in order to solve my problem with dropped calls and mobile coverage I should buy a bumper cover for my iPhone and that this would rectify the problem. When I told them that I already have a bumper cover on my phone they tole me that they would re-escalate the problem with the networks team and I have yet to hear back from them 5 days later.

They are a complete waste of time- I've explained that I run my business from home and that I need my mobile phone to work in order to be available to all of my customers. I've sent them e-mails of screenshots of over 20 FAILED CALLS in a few days and screen shots showing NO SERVICE for a full 24 hour period and they still ignore my plea to either rectify the problem or let me move to another operator.

Please please please if you are thinking of joining Three- reconsider and look at all the options first. I fell for their seemingly attractive package initially however when the service for which you are paying consistently lets you down then there is no value in it whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

I was told by 3's Mumbai team today that they DO NOT arrange for outbound calls. This despite last week's representative telling me that someone from 3's technical team woudl contact me to try to address the crap bandwidth I was experiencing (200kb down/300kb up) despite being in an area of 4-bar HSPDA coverage.

This morning's call was actually worse, as the throughput had reached 1.xMb upstream this morning, which was actually above the minimum level below which the problem could be re-escalated. All the helpful CSR in Mumbai could do was tell me to send an email to Customer Complaints - which I have now done

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mairtin.l

Last December I went to a Three store in Galway city to sign up for three broadband under the National Broadband scheme. I gave my details and showed one of the staff my address on a map of Galway and was told that I did not qualify for the NBS where I lived. I still needed a broadband connection so I signed up for a yearlong contract (10GB at 20 euro a month). By chance I found out 6 weeks ago that I clearly do qualify for the NBS so I got in contact with three via calls and boards.ie to complain. After much chasing, calls and time spent looking for answers/compensation I was told today that since I signed a contract for 10GB a month I got what I paid for. Even though I signed that contract after being told I was not eligible for the NBS. Any help/advice on how to escalate this would be great since I feel that I was cheated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trevortronics

1744303053.png

Thats with a E1820 via an Edimax 6200nlite.
    Can't wait til my HSPA+ capable Billion Bipac 6200NLX turns up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

1744303053.png

Thats with a E1820 via an Edimax 6200nlite.
    Can't wait til my HSPA+ capable Billion Bipac 6200NLX turns up !

Don't tell anyone in the area that the service is that good they will all sign up then your 9Mb/s will become less than .30Mb/s not even 1Mb/s!!

Keep it well quite wish ours was that fast in the evenings :(
    Can't complain have 8Mb ADSL from Eircom costs a bit every month but it keeps its speed constant with Three the evenings are a totally differant story too many people using the service!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rockchapel

I have the exact same problem as you and I know exactly how you feel about ringing the technical "support" team time and time again. I live in a rural area so the signal is quite weak. I keep requesting a satellite dish or some kind of booster but keep getting this excuse that the local mast is "down" (whatever that means) and so they can't escalate the problem to the people who would be in a position to install the satellite dish (or other kind of booster). What they don't seem to understand is that in rural parts of Ireland, everybody needs a satellite dish / booster if they're to have any kind of service. I work from home and so need the Internet for what I do. The amount of time I lose because of my poor Internet speed is appalling.

Anyway, good to know there are others in the same boat. I haven't rang Three in ages now as I felt it was a waste of time. Must try them soon again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Helen14

Dude2play wrote: »
    P.S to rob180
    I Sent a Email to SOLiD Technologies, Inc.
    And i Got this Reply:

Hello Joe & Padraic,
    The customer is looking for outdoor antenna with our Home Repeater for better coverage.
    I know you do have great outdoor antenna solutions with our HR.
    Could you help him to get it properly?

That was on the 8th November, but Still have Recived nothing Yet...

Hello, did you get an answer to this?

Advertisement