Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal sizes of fish to take for the table? SEA FISHING

Options
  • 21-10-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi, I've done some sea fishing in other countries and most times there's is a "size limit" whereby you can;t take fish of a lesser size than X cm's etc.

Just wondering if anyone has a link/guide or knows where i can get one for Ireland?

Thanks in advance.

Apologies in advance if it's already been put up. I couldn't see it at a glance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Regulations are available online
    http://www.fishinginireland.info/regulations.htm

The only angling size regulation that comes to mind for sea angling is Sea Bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭.red.

The only angling size regulation that comes to mind for sea angling is Sea Bass.

Yep. Bass are the only saltwater fish with any kind or rules/laws. Fish must be 40cms or longer and you can only keep 2 fish per angler in any 24hour period.

All other fish are a free for all. Keep all the micro pollack and codling you can fit into a bucket. Its a disgrace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

.red. wrote: »
    Yep. Bass are the only saltwater fish with any kind or rules/laws. Fish must be 40cms or longer and you can only keep 2 fish per angler in any 24hour period.

All other fish are a free for all. Keep all the micro pollack and codling you can fit into a bucket. Its a disgrace!

I fully agree. There should be a Min and Max size for all fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

.red. wrote: »

Havint seen them in a bucket yet. Seen them in lidl and aldi bags alri.

Advertisement