Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newish and confused about a few things.

Options
  • 17-10-2014 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

I had only used Blacknight for a college assignment in April, I took out a 12 month subscription with a Minimus hosting plan and I have not registered a new domain since the first one back in April. 

I registered a new domain this evening and accidentally put it into Default NS Subscription (which has a hosting type: Domain Parking, DNS Hosting) rather than with the Windows Shared Minimus 2008 R2 (which has a hosting type: Qmail, IIS WebSite, DNS Hosting) and I don't know how to take control of it again as I want to get the site up and running. I want to move it to the Windows Shared Minimus 2008 R2, but when I try to change the parent subscription I get the following message "An attempt to call external container for name servers failed due to unhandled errors during call". I'm not sure is this the correct thing to do.

Comments

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    I had only used Blacknight for a college assignment in April, I took out a 12 month subscription with a Minimus hosting plan and I have not registered a new domain since the first one back in April. 

I registered a new domain this evening and accidentally put it into Default NS Subscription (which has a hosting type: Domain Parking, DNS Hosting) rather than with the Windows Shared Minimus 2008 R2 (which has a hosting type: Qmail, IIS WebSite, DNS Hosting) and I don't know how to take control of it again as I want to get the site up and running. I want to move it to the Windows Shared Minimus 2008 R2, but when I try to change the parent subscription I get the following message "An attempt to call external container for name servers failed due to unhandled errors during call". I'm not sure is this the correct thing to do.
    Hi there,

If you could email help@blacknight.com along with your domain name we can certainly have a look at your account and advise you what to do.

Thanks,
    Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Dunnie1982 wrote: »

Hi there,

If you could email help@blacknight.com along with your domain name we can certainly have a look at your account and advise you what to do.

Thanks,
    Niamh.
    Thanks, I got a friend who had used the service before to have a look this morning and he figured it out with me. I had to change a setting in the web tab and it started working correctly. Sorry for bothering you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We're happy to help, though you'll usually get a faster response from our livechat or helpdesk :)

Advertisement