If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hifi & 4K TV

Options
  • 27-08-2014 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello

Following a thread I posted, I was suggested to look for richersounds. I hope I found the good place.

Do you have the following:

- Sony 55x8505
    - Rotel RA-12
    - KEF Q700
    - Teac UD501

Do you have a shop in Dublin? Do you make deliveries on Saturday?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hello

Following a thread I posted, I was suggested to look for richersounds. I hope I found the good place.

- Sony 55x8505
    - Rotel RA-12
    - KEF Q700
    - Teac UD501

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Gig,

Thanks for getting in touch.  Hopefully we can get you sorted :)

Good choice on the Sony TV, fantastic screen.  We're offering it for just £1,799.00 and that also includes our 5 year guarantee :)

Unfortunately we don't really stock Rotel :(  Wish we did though, quality kit.  Have you looked at Cyrus?  The Cyrus 6 DAC is a nice piece of kit.  Not as powerful as the Rotel but still worth a look:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cyrus/6-dac/cyru-6-dac-blk

On the Kef speakers we'll be able to get them for you :)  Our price on these will be £999.95.  As these are just out I'll need to see when we'll be getting them in.

The Teac DAC isn't something we carry at the moment either so I've no pricing or anything, I could check this out with our suppliers to see if it's something we can get our hands on :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Also we can ship to Dublin on a Saturday.  The courier do charge cextra for this option 
    Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hello

- Sony 55x8505
    - Rotel RA-12
    - KEF Q700
    - Teac UD501

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Gigatoaster,

Here's my input!!

thanks for the opportunity to quote - and that would be a nice system - however we don't stock the RA12 and the Teac is a special order item - however could I propose an alternative ( very, very nice) system?

Sony 55X8505 - no need to change that - Its a beauty - £1799.95 / €2299.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/kd55x8505b/sony-kd55x8505bbu

Roksan Kandy K2 Amplifier ( Retail £945 / €1199)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/roksan/kandy-k2-bt/roks-k2-bt-amp-blk

Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 - Dac / Streamer - Retail £699 Now £499.95 / €649.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/streaming-hi-fi-and-network-audio-players/cambridge-audio/stream-magic-6/camb-stream-mag-6-bk

Monitor Audio New Silver 6 Floorstanding speakers ( Black Oak / Rosewood / Natural Oak or Walnut finishes) ( see review of Silver 6 surround system here:) £1000 / €1279 
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/monitor-audio-silver-6av12_Surround-Sound-System_review

This would be a stunning system but the normal retail is over £4500 - the best online price at the moment is £4245 - including a Saturday or evening delivery AND installation in Dublin ( and a 5 year TV warranty!) we can quote £3999 for this system.

Thanks again for the opportunity to quote and of course if you have any other components in mind don't hesitate to drop us a line - we have all the above kit in stock and ready to ship and delivery would be approx. 3-4 days into Dublin with installation by arrangement.

Again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 27 gigatoaster

Hello

This looks fantastic. I'm interested. I have to listen to the elements because I have never heard of the brand Roksan. I have also to listen to the Monitor audio.

Please use euros prices. Do you have the possibility to charge in euros directly?

Also, please remove the DAC Cambridge Audio Magic from the quote. I'm thinking of taking the Teac at 680€ from thomann.

How much would cost the delivery for all the elements for Saturday 6th Sept or 13th?

Can you do the installation too these days? Could you describe it?

- 5 years warranty: if something is wrong, do I have to send the TV or a pick-up service is included? No extra charge?

- delivery: 1 or 2 person? What is the haulage company?

- installation: TV calibration possible? What about the speakers? Or is it just a plug & play test?

- do you have NAIM amplifier too? Which one would you suggest?

Hello

This looks fantastic. I'm interested. I have to listen to the elements because I have never heard of the brand Roksan. I have also to listen to the Monitor audio.

Please use euros prices. Do you have the possibility to charge in euros directly?

Also, please remove the DAC Cambridge Audio Magic from the quote. I'm thinking of taking the Teac at 680€ from thomann.

How much would cost the delivery for all the elements for Saturday 6th Sept or 13th?

Can you do the installation too these days? Could you describe it?

- 5 years warranty: if something is wrong, do I have to send the TV or a pick-up service is included? No extra charge?

- delivery: 1 or 2 person? What is the haulage company?

- installation: TV calibration possible? What about the speakers? Or is it just a plug & play test?

- do you have NAIM amplifier too? Which one would you suggest?
    Gigatoaster,

many thanks for the post - That Roksan amp has received fantastic reviews ( fi you didn't need Bluetooth - there is another version, slightly less expensive that has received even better reviews including a 5 star review from What Hi-Fi!) However we do also stock amps from many manufacturers including Marantz, Denon, Pioneer, Rega, Cambridge Audio, Teac, Arcam, Cyrus and Yamaha..

On the Monitor Audio front - along with B & W, Monitor Audio are regarded as the premier quality UK speaker manufacturer, and the Silver series is a new range launched earlier this year - they sound amazing and they also look great in real wood veneers, not just vinyl finishes.

No problem on the Euro quotes - we can give you a fixed GBP & euro quote as well which we will hold for 14 days from the date of quote and you can always select which currency you would like to pay with.

55X8505 TV
    Roksan Kandy BT Amplifier
    Monitor Audio Silver 6 Speakers
    Price including install:  £3549.95 / €4499.99 

We can install on Saturday the 6th no problem - our Free install really only includes the TV but there would be no problem setting up the other products for you at the same time -  the free install is unpacking all the products, a pedestal install for the TV and connection to your sources ( cables not included, but we will happily do you a great price on any cables required :) ) we are also happy to remove any packaging if required.

Generally delivery is just a one man job, its not economical at our margins to do a 2 man delivery and thankfully most large screen TV's are manageable these days unless your home is really inaccessible?

We don't currently stock Naim but we are in discussions with Naim and we may stock it into the future.

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks.

OK for the TV. I'm still undecided regarding the speakers & the amp. I am not conviced with the Roksan.

Do you have something more recent (2013 or later) within the same budget with the following features: USB port to read FLAC, bypass function (if I understand correctly I could use a 5.1 amp in few years if I'm looking for a home cinema), at least 2 digital optical and a nice iOS app remote?

For cable, I don't want to spend more than 50€. I need a "surge protection power strip" I don't know how to say it in English.

Also what B&W ref around 1200€ would you suggest?

Before buying I will have to listen to the elements.

Thanks.

OK for the TV. I'm still undecided regarding the speakers & the amp. I am not conviced with the Roksan.

Do you have something more recent (2013 or later) within the same budget with the following features: USB port to read FLAC, bypass function (if I understand correctly I could use a 5.1 amp in few years if I'm looking for a home cinema), at least 2 digital optical and a nice iOS app remote?

For cable, I don't want to spend more than 50€. I need a "surge protection power strip" I don't know how to say it in English.

Also what B&W ref around 1200€ would you suggest?

Before buying I will have to listen to the elements.
    Giga,

theer are very few stereo amps that will do everything that you are looking at above - at a reasonable budget level the Marantz PM6005 doe s have a single optical input and also a coax input - it also has a USB but it does not have an IOS app ( this is really unusual in stereo amps but almost all AV receivers will have this as standard) - http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/marantz/pm6005/mara-pm6005-blk

At the more expensive end of the spectrum the Cambridge 851a http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/azur-851a/camb-851a-blk does have pre-amp/ bypass inputs but again does not have the app..

The only ones that spring to mind are the Monitor Audio A100 - it possibly comes closest to you wish list and it sounds great! http://www.whathifi.com/monitor-audio/airstream-a100/review this does have a USB input which is Flac capable, does have an IOS app ( and airplay direct) has optical input ( only one 'tho) - the A100 is €489.99  or the Yamaha R-N500 again it does most of what you are looking for - it has 2 coax and 2 optical inputs, app control, USB with Flac - it just doesn't have a preamp input...its €499 

Unfortunately we don't stock B & W - excellent product though!

On you other query, the 5 year warranty is an 'at home' warranty - for screens over 42" we come out to you and repair or collect for repair..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Giga
    Just chatted to the Teac guys yesterday - that UD501 sounds like an awesome product!!

If you wanted to source one locally we are happy to quote €659 delivered as I think we should probably be stocking this anyway!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist

Atvb

John mc & crew

16% discount That's good. I'll keep it in mind. I moved in today. I'm planning to go next Saturday to hifihut in order to listen to some products. I'll ask them for advice & a quote and let you know my decision.

Thanks for all your efforts, I appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Hello

Could you do a quote in euros of the following:

KEF Q700 (availability?)
    Teac AX-501
    Teac UD-501

Thanks.

Hello

KEF Q700 (availability?)
    Teac AX-501
    Teac UD-501

cThanks.
    Hi again,

The speakers in Euro would be €1,298.63.  We'll have to check with our supplier to see when we'll be able to get our hands on the speakers.

On the Teac bits we'll need to check with our supplier again for availability and pricing.  

Chris

Hello

KEF Q700 (availability?)
    Teac AX-501
    Teac UD-501

Thanks.
    Giga,

the AX-501 as earlier would be €659 and the Teac AX-501 we can do at €788..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks. So total is 2745€. I'll add 80€ for cables so 2825€.

I'll get back to you before the end of the month.

So far, this is the most interesting offer I've seen. Thank you.

Thanks. So total is 2745€. I'll add 80€ for cables so 2825€.

I'll get back to you before the end of the month.

So far, this is the most interesting offer I've seen. Thank you.
    No problem and thanks for the post - if you would like to order, or of course if you do see these items cheaper anywhere, just drop us a line and we will do our best to assist :)

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hello

Do you have an update for the price of the TVS for me by any chance?

Just to let you know, I found a shop who sels Rotel RA-12 & KEF Q700 but it's taking forever to receive my order.

Hello

Do you have an update for the price of the TVS for me by any chance?

Just to let you know, I found a shop who sels Rotel RA-12 & KEF Q700 but it's taking forever to receive my order.
    Gigatoaster,

I can do the 55X8505 at €2079.99 including delivery - apologies that your Hifi order is taking so long to get to you - unfortunately its completely beyond our control as it wasn't purchased from us and we have no knowledge of it,

Thanks again for the update and keep us posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.