Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for FB / Twitter app notifications

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just looking for some pointers / guidance. I am about to launch a new website which requires sign-up via Facebook or Twitter. As I understand it, apps which integrate with FB are permitted to send email notifications to users (although they can unsubscribe later).

However, I have been testing this using my own test accounts, and I don't seem to be receiving notifications from the app, and presume there is some setting which needs to be enabled within the app, from the developers side, that would enable these notifications to be sent to the user?

Second question - it seems like Twitter does not allow email notifications to be sent from apps using Twitter sign-in, although I am not sure. Does anyone know anything about that?

All pointers welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

Any feedback guys, based on your experience working in this area?

Advertisement