Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M7 works (Dublin end)

Options
  • 13-10-2007 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

I was travelling the N7 from Dublin yesterday, and traffic was not good. Once we hit the beginning of the M7 proper, it ground to a halt. Then I travelled through a km or two of construction works. My friend pointed out that this section of the road was 'rushed' to be finished for the ryder cup last year, and it was now being finished 'properly'.

Can anyone shed more light on this? I had no idea there was construction going on there, and the nra website declines to mention it. Also, are there any other motorways that are experiencing these surface problems?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its no big mystery and its nothing to do with the Ryder Cup. This section of the M7 (the Naas Bypass) is open nearly 25 years - it was the first motorway in the Republic - and deserves a resurface, which is what its getting! Hence the contraflow.

It also needs to be widened, but that's not planned at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

icdg wrote: »
    It also needs to be widened, but that's not planned at present.

Heavens forbid that we should plan the widening to coincide with the present works. No, wait until it's resurfaced and then dig it up again:confused:

Motorists won't mind negotiating the contra flows a second time:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Tarabuses wrote: »
    Heavens forbid that we should plan the widening to coincide with the present works. No, wait until it's resurfaced and then dig it up again:confused:

Motorists won't mind negotiating the contra flows a second time:rolleyes:

Yea I was really annoyed when I realised they were not taking the opportunity to widen while they were at it. Also the resurface job is dodgy - the temporary white paint lines during construction were burned off leaving ugly scars.

Advertisement