Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Maybe he means the streams of constant bullshït ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Whoever is manager I hope the first thing they do is give Dirk a new contract
    Is he not already on a contract? I'd say he'll be sticking around for the year anyway.
    mike65 wrote: »

Reina
    ----Skrtel--Coates--Agger
    Johnson-Lucas-Adam--Enrique
    ---Gerrard--Carroll--Suarez
    Like the look of that. But Adam in the first 11? Not sure about him to be honest.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Have you tried streams r us?....I believe it's in the stream district.

Good one turdy.
    Yes. Its called google. You can find (almost) anything on it.
    Are you the comic book store guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Zak Flaps wrote: »

What's this all about? One of Kess's boyfriends? Having another pop at me because I don't buy the encyclopedic knowledge about the German, Russian and Polish football leagues???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Once Rafa doesnt get the job the next manager will have my full.support.

Hopefully LVG will get the DOF role which I feel help massively with someone like Martinez coming in. At the end of the day I can't see us finishing worse than 8th. With the squad we have we can def be challenging for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well there Is Zee sIte Well InGrained in people around here. Something.com Can't remember the full address for the life of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Zak Flaps wrote: »

What's this all about? One of Kess's boyfriends? Having another pop at me because I don't buy the encyclopedic knowledge about the German, Russian and Polish football leagues???

How can any self respecting football fan not have knowledge of the Polish league in this day and age ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vanolder wrote: »
    How can any self respecting football fan not have knowledge of the Polish league in this day and age ??

Definitely in the top 4, if not the top 3, leagues in the world today.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Knex. wrote: »
    Definitely in the top 4, if not the top 3, leagues in the world today.
    top 3!!???pffft its the top league in the world its like the Phil Babb of football leagues!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Ease up there buttercup. I was referring to the mod's warning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Christ almighty would you not just get it over with and ask Kess out?

• Advertisement

Ya lookin for some prison style lovin off Kess, Chessy? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good one turdy.

Are you the comic book store guy?

You do realise you have the power to find streams at your fingertips, do you go to a lap dancing club and ask the other people there where can you find a pair of tits?

That kind of laziness annoys me more than the thought of Martinez being appointed the next manager, in fact the only thing more retarded than coming on here and asking about streams when they are posted multiple times a week in threads I am sure you have posted in is calling them f*cking omelettes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Guillem Ballbag talking about Martinez.
    "Martinez will be manager next week"
    "AVB never approached"
    "'Txiki Begiristain never approached"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Balague is a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Slattsy wrote: »
    Once Rafa doesnt get the job the next manager will have my full.support.

Hopefully LVG will get the DOF role which I feel help massively with someone like Martinez coming in. At the end of the day I can't see us finishing worse than 8th. With the squad we have we can def be challenging for 4th.

With the squad we have, we should NOT be challenging for top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I have nothing against Martinez and I know little of him, seems cool though.
    That said, if we sign him and Benitez ends up at Villa or some other premier league team, :-/
    Morzadec wrote: »
    Martinez at 1/3, 1/4, even 1/5 across the board!

By far the shortest odds we've seen on anyone...

So we're going to become a tiki-taka team? What will become of andy carroll if this is the case?

No. Just no. Betfair.

The exchanges are the only place worth paying attention to (if any) and they have him at 4/5, a far cry from 1/5.

He has been this same price about 4-5 times over the last 2 weeks while increasing to 3/1, today is no different despite that Whelan tit talking.

mike65 wrote: »
    If they were Dalglish would still be manager

No.

djPSB wrote: »
    With the squad we have, we should NOT be challenging for top 4.

Disagree, ok we cant challenge Utd or City but between ourselves, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea there is not alot between us. Challenging for top 4 is def within our grasp next season.

I have nothing against Martinez and I know little of him, seems cool though.
    That said, if we sign him and Benitez ends up at Villa or some other premier league team, :-/

No. Just no. Betfair.

The exchanges are the only place worth paying attention to (if any) and they have him at 4/5, a far cry from 1/5.

He has been this same price about 4-5 times over the last 2 weeks while increasing to 3/1, today is no different despite that Whelan tit talking.

No.

Martinez is a charismatic character.

I'd imagine its fairly certain he's going to get it at this stage, the pictures from yesterday confirm alot.

The squad have shown under Kenny that they are capible of beating any of the teams who finished above us. Its the small teams that kill us really. Like being 2-0 up with 15 mins to go at Loftus rd and then losing 3-2 is just ridiculous. That type of inconsistency and lack of focus against smaller teams is the big problem.

Disagree, ok we cant challenge Utd or City but between ourselves, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea there is not alot between us. Challenging for top 4 is def within our grasp next season.

I don't think Kuyt, Adam, Spearing, or Maxi would get anywhere near the Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea teams based on last year and they all played a significant amount of minutes for us last season.

• Advertisement

The squad have shown under Kenny that they are capible of beating any of the teams who finished above us. Its the small teams that kill us really. Like being 2-0 up with 15 mins to go at Loftus rd and then losing 3-2 is just ridiculous. That type of inconsistency and lack of focus against smaller teams is the big problem.

It's just a lack of quality.

Against the bigger teams, we up our game to alot but to a level that's not sustainable over the course of the season.

Martinez is a charismatic character.

I'd imagine its fairly certain he's going to get it at this stage, the pictures from yesterday confirm alot.

He may get it, I have no idea. The exchange suggests it is 60:40.

Plenty of free money there for those that are so sure.

Maybe your right but I think its more a lack of motivation for those games. Look at utd. It doesn't matter who they play they always look up for it. We just look like were not arsed unless its one of the bigger teams we're playin.

I don't think Kuyt, Adam, Spearing, or Maxi would get anywhere near the Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea teams based on last year and they all played a significant amount of minutes for us last season.

Spearing (useless fooker wouldnt get a game on my team on a Sunday)only played coz Lucas was injured. Maxi/Kuyt didnt actually get an awful lot of game time. Adam i totally agree with you on, the boy is awful. But on paper, with everyone fit we are def capable of challenging for top 4 with a decent manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Balague is a moron.

That may or may not be true. More pertinently, he's definitely a bull****ter but to use that as a stick to beat him with when there are literally thousands of other journalists seems unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Does Martinez even like Boyzone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Spearing (useless fooker wouldnt get a game on my team on a Sunday)only played coz Lucas was injured. Maxi/Kuyt didnt actually get an awful lot of game time. Adam i totally agree with you on, the boy is awful. But on paper, with everyone fit we are def capable of challenging for top 4 with a decent manager.

Our first eleven is good enough IMO, but the quality beyond that is very poor. We both agree that Adam and Spearing are poor, but yet there were league games this season where they both started in the centre of midfield.

Take Spurs as an example when Parker gets injured, they have Sandro, Huddlestone and even Livermore.

Arsenal when Song is out have Diaby and Frimpong.

Chelsea when Mikel is injured have Romeu and Essien.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Balague is a moron.
    Gbear wrote: »
    That may or may not be true.

I can confirm that it is.

#ITK

• Advertisement

Our first eleven is good enough IMO, but the quality beyond that is very poor. We both agree that Adam and Spearing are poor, but yet there were league games this season where they both started in the centre of midfield.

Take Spurs as an example when Parker gets injured, they have Sandro, Huddlestone and even Livermore.

Arsenal when Song is out have Diaby and Frimpong.

Chelsea when Mikel is injured have Romeu and Essien.

I'll disagree (not for the sake of it) because im better than all the above you mentioned lol !! Frimpong ?? Sandro ?? Are ya having a laugh ! Spearing as bad as he is, is no worse than those !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement