Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermalogica drying out my skin

Options
  • 02-10-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I recently bought Dermalogica for my acne prone skin and it's made my skin soo dry. My skin feels so uncomfortable and tight and is becoming flakey in places. Has anyone else experienced this with Dermalogica? Will using it once a day instead help? It seems to be helping my skin so I don't want to stop using it, but at the same time the dry skin is awful. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What product did you buy? Did you get face mapping done and it was recommended to you? I've had it done a few times and I've always asked for samples of the recommendations before buying so I can see how my skin reacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

I got special cleansing gel, it was recommended by my doctor so I just bought it straight out. How do you go about getting facial mapping done? Is it expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Any salon that sells Dermalogica or does Dermalogica facials will do face mapping. I think some of them will do it for free but it doesn't take long so it shouldn't be too expensive if you have to pay. Might be worth a try. Definitely ask them for samples. No point in buying something just to find out it doesn't suit you. For example, Daily Microfoliant was recommended to me but when I used the samples it dried my skin out completely, and the samples of Special Cleansing Gel that I got convinced me that it suited my skin well. Dry skin is awful so I'd definitely recommend trying something different. No point in improving your skin in one way while making it worse in another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Any salon that sells Dermalogica or does Dermalogica facials will do face mapping. I think some of them will do it for free but it doesn't take long so it shouldn't be too expensive if you have to pay. Might be worth a try. Definitely ask them for samples. No point in buying something just to find out it doesn't suit you. For example, Daily Microfoliant was recommended to me but when I used the samples it dried my skin out completely, and the samples of Special Cleansing Gel that I got convinced me that it suited my skin well. Dry skin is awful so I'd definitely recommend trying something different. No point in improving your skin in one way while making it worse in another way.

Thanks for this. :)

Advertisement