Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail refund

Options
  • 02-09-2014 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a seat booked on the train for thursday and I've decided I don't want to use it anymore. Is it possible to get a refund? I've looked on the website but haven't found an answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Hi,

I've a seat booked on the train for thursday and I've decided I don't want to use it anymore. Is it possible to get a refund? I've looked on the website but haven't found an answer.

Have a look here. My reading is that you can get 50% of the price back, but best to check with them via the provided contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

It's kind of the airline model but not as bad. It's also one of the very few ways IR are better than their UK counterparts, where advance tickets are not refundable at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Thanks for the replies :) I was expecting no refund so 50% refund is grand! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Just e-mail them at info@irishrail.ie with your name and ticket info ASAP and that should do it. Grab a refund form from your local station if possible and fill it in saying that you already cancelled via e-mail and hand it in with your ticket.

Advertisement