Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail offer for Limerick Giant - intermediate stations?

• 01-09-2014 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭

Irish rail have an offer from Galway, ennis, cork, Dublin etc. for limerick next weekend.

Is the offer available from intermediate stations, say gort, charleville etc., or just those advertised on the website?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

So, I try emailing Irish rail and get the message below.

Can anybody answer my question or have an email for Irish Rail that works?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

elastico wrote: »
    Irish rail have an offer from Galway, ennis, cork, Dublin etc. for limerick next weekend.

Is the offer available from intermediate stations, say gort, charleville etc., or just those advertised on the website?

Not directly answering your question but isn't there a strike planned for next Sunday/Monday? Apologies if Saturday is your travel day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would imagine that it is available from intermediate stations.

They are online fares - so try out intermediate stations in the journey planner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Ask on Twitter or Facebook. They usually reply

lottpaul wrote: »
    Not directly answering your question but isn't there a strike planned for next Sunday/Monday? Apologies if Saturday is your travel day.

Hoping to go Satruday, so avoid the strike.

• Advertisement

afatbollix wrote: »
    Ask on Twitter or Facebook. They usually reply

Don't do either of those, they should be able to answer email enquiries filled in via their website just as easily though.

lxflyer wrote: »
    I would imagine that it is available from intermediate stations.

They are online fares - so try out intermediate stations in the journey planner.

That's what I was hoping to do then hop on and off at my local station along the way but the link to book it on their website is not working and it says these tickets can be booked at the station, so I am guessing it requires human over the counter which is not an option at smaller stations.

I will probably have to drive to the station advertised, buy the ticket there and return to my local station and board there and get off there again on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You just need to enter the stations as normal in the journey planner, there's no special link.

Bear in mind that the combined return fare is calculated after you select your trains and may be cheaper than the two single fares.

It is the family fares that are available from railway stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,555 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't do either of those, they should be able to answer email enquiries filled in via their website just as easily though.

Recent trend for companies is to have more and possibly better customer support staff for twitter as its a very public form of humiliation.

Advertisement