Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did she use?

Options
  • 25-09-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I live in a very small rural town and the water is rank, We have a water softner system in place so we can just about drink it. However since we moved down I've inherited a green hue in my hair from the copper in the water. I have blonde highlights. I tried all sorts of home remedies nothing worked so about 3 months ago a friend of mine recommended a hairdressers to go to. What ever she used it bloody worked but it cost a pretty penny and now its starting to come back so I've to make another appointment but its expensive. I sent her a txt asking what she use but she wont tell me what she used. A cousin of mine is a hairdresser and she has no idea what she used wither cause she said if she knew she'd but it and use it
    Any ideas?
    I know it wasn't a toner cause it smelt rotton!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Something along the lines of the Silver shampoo that you can get in Boots maybe? Or a toner?

http://www.boots.ie/en/PRO-VOKE-Touch-Of-Silver-Colour-Care-Shampoo-200ml_1047907/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why won't she tell you what she used? Maybe it's just a ordinary toner but she charged you through the roof for it and that's why she won't tell you? I've never heard of any expensive special treatment that will magically prevent hard water reside...
    I wouldn't be rushing off to her again anyway if she won't even tell you what she's putting on your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I don't know anything about toners but you can get small bottles of touch of silver in dealz. It's a purple shampoo that gets rid of brassiness when used a couple of times a week. I stocked up last time I was home and it does work. I've also read good things about lush daddy-o shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Was it Joico Kpak chelating shampoo by any chance? I've seen it work miracles removing copper/other metal deposits from hair. Good luck in your quest!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Somersun

Scraggs wrote: »
    Was it Joico Kpak chelating shampoo by any chance? I've seen it work miracles removing copper/other metal deposits from hair. Good luck in your quest!

I've no idea scraggs. She mixed it up in he back in her mixing bowel but it had a very strong odour...reminded me of perm lotion from years ago.
    I use a touch of silver but it only tones down the yellow/brassy colour from bleaching it doesn't remove the green but I must look into the chelating shampoo.
    I asked a friend of mine too who's a hairdresser in wicklow and he's never heard of a "bottle" solution. He said if I came into his salon with a green hue, he would use a developer and a toner together. Maybe that's why she won't tell me cause its something I can easily get my hands on from salon services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I wouldn't go back to her if she won't tell you. She sounds like a right cowboy

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Not defending the hairdresser at all but maybe she's not saying as she doesn't want to do herself out of business. Did she say why she won't tell you or did she just point blank refuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Random folklore: I read this in a magazine years ago.

Apply a couple of large handfuls of tomato ketchup to the greenish hair, massage in well, leave ten minutes, rinse off.

Doesn't apply to me because I am dark haired but it's kind of unforgettable.

I've just looked with google, there are plenty of versions of this recipe online: here's an example...
    http://fashionista.com/2014/09/how-to-fix-green-hair-with-ketchup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's fair cheeky to text her and ask her to tell you what product she uses so as you can avoid having to let her do it and pay her.

It's fair cheeky to text her and ask her to tell you what product she uses so as you can avoid having to let her do it and pay her.

I don't think its cheeky at all, as a paying customer I've a right to know what she's using in my hair. If she's nothing to hide then why not tell me? Maybe she's using something she shouldn't?!?
    Any hairdressers I've ever gone to tells me what they're doing without having to ask...why is she different?

• Advertisement

She is under no obligation to tell you the name of products she's using if it's going to do herself out of business. Were you happy with the finished result? Yes. Would you use the product again?? Yes. Would you pay her and go back to her? Not if you can help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Somersun wrote: »
    I don't think its cheeky at all, as a paying customer I've a right to know what she's using in my hair. If she's nothing to hide then why not tell me? Maybe she's using something she shouldn't?!?
    Any hairdressers I've ever gone to tells me what they're doing without having to ask...why is she different?

If you had a business providing a service, and a customer asked you to provide your method so they could do it themselves for free, what would your reaction be? She's right to tell you to take a running jump tbh.

Have I touched a nerve??

Not with me, I just think it's kind of funny you're so outraged she won't tell you how to do it yourself.

I do have my own business in the beauty industry and I've no bother providing information to customers when they ask for it. What if I used a product on a customer that contained an ingredient that they had an allergy to? What am I going to say...no sorry i'm not telling you, its your own risk.....Very unlikely.

Not with me, I just think it's kind of funny you're so outraged she won't tell you how to do it yourself.

Not outraged at all I just don't understand the secrecy behind it all....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Purple shampoo would neutralize orange tones you would need something copper red to cancel out green

Come on lol it's hardly rocket science. She's discovered a good product, she can charge money for the treatment, it works, clients are really happy with the results, they come back, they pay for another treatment because the first one was so good.

I also work within the beauty industry and we take the labels off our semi permanent eyelashes, so as the competition who are calling us up trying to make fake appointments don't see what we are using if they call in to have a look around. When my clients ask me how to mix a tint because mine lasts longer than the ones they do at home even though it's from a salon services shop, I don't tell them how I mix it because it's what keeps my customers coming back. I don't feel under any obligation to train other people so as they can stop using my services.

Advertisement