Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stick on nails

Options
  • 10-09-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Anyone else here not like most of the adhesives that come in glue on nails. If I want them to last I much rather have shellac done.

So I normally like to just get stick ons and paint them myself as I only ever see them in french manicure. Has anyone come across decent either funky or nice pre painted red stick ons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

kickthecan wrote: »
    Anyone else here not like most of the adhesives that come in glue on nails. If I want them to last I much rather have shellac done.

So I normally like to just get stick ons and paint them myself as I only ever see them in french manicure. Has anyone come across decent either funky or nice pre painted red stick ons?

Penny's have a great selection and they're only €1.50 a pop. When put on properly I've had them last almost a week. On the more expensive side house of Holland in boots has some really trendy designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Yep I seen them but just don't like the adhesive with those. I just like the idea of something I can pop on for a night out and pop back off when I'm taking my make up off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

There are some really cool ones you can get in Claire's that already have the glue on them- but to be honest, I personally don't like the pre-glued ones, they don't stick on as well. But might be what you are looking for.

No nails will stay on fully though unless you use proper nail glue, and even at that you'll only get about 5-7 days max out of them without the glue wearing off.

But maybe for one night only, try those pre-glued ones from Claire's. I've also seen a few pre-glued ones in Boots.

Meangadh wrote: »
    There are some really cool ones you can get in Claire's that already have the glue on them- but to be honest, I personally don't like the pre-glued ones, they don't stick on as well. But might be what you are looking for.

No nails will stay on fully though unless you use proper nail glue, and even at that you'll only get about 5-7 days max out of them without the glue wearing off.

But maybe for one night only, try those pre-glued ones from Claire's. I've also seen a few pre-glued ones in Boots.
    Thanks a million I will try Claire's I never seen them in there at all. Normally boots just have the French manicure style. I have painted over those lots of times which is next best thing to finding something funky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

I was the same OP I hate nail glue. I found Elegant Touch super adhesive tabs in Boots - sort of like the old double-sided nail stickers you used to get (can't find them in shops now!) but thicker, like glue dots, if you know what those are? I'm pretty sure they're the same stuff they use to stick things on the front of magazines, without damaging the paper. I used to get a week out of them, even with washing my hair in the shower (although not soaking in the bath). They don't damage the nail at all, even if you have only had the nails on for a day and then want to take them off. When you want them off, you slide the false nail down off your nail (instead of lifting the tip upwards) and the tab will either stick to the false nail or stay on your nail, in which case you just roll it off. Maybe this sounds weird, I know I've shown people how to use them, but I don't think I've ever described it with just words. I think it will make sense when you actually see them although obviously you can ask me questions if you want.

I have never seen them anywhere else but boots which is a bit annoying, although I'm sure you can get them online. Last time I bought them was a while ago, so I forget how much they were, but I doubt they were more than €3.50 or so for two sets (enough to put nails on each hand twice). I used to use them with the preglued stick-on nails and the ordinary falsies. Try to stick the tab as close to your cuticle as you can, the false nail fits better that way. HtH

Also sorry for lack of picture but I'm using a mobile right now - it's a bit of a PITA.

• Advertisement

Brilliant thank youso much I never even heard of them I will try that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Penneys nails are great, but like that I hate the glue that comes with them. I bought a bottle of paint on glue (like a nail polish idea) in Superdrug and it's brilliant. So much less messy and easier to work with than those horrible tubes.

http://www.superdrug.com/Elegant-Touch/Elegant-Touch-Brush-On-Nail-Glue-6642E/p/448811#.VgWtLMtViko

I'd love to know how you get on with them, whenever you give them a go!

PS I found the Claire's nails just a tiny bit too small for comfort - don't know if it's just me or if they're made that way for the Tweens :)

I will let you know. I plan to pick them up this week and use them with falsies going out on sunday for the rugby

Ooh, have a great time! I happened to be in boots and passed by the house of Holland nails, the black and gold ones were fab looking :)

• Advertisement

Penneys nails are great, but like that I hate the glue that comes with them. I bought a bottle of paint on glue (like a nail polish idea) in Superdrug and it's brilliant. So much less messy and easier to work with than those horrible tubes.

http://www.superdrug.com/Elegant-Touch/Elegant-Touch-Brush-On-Nail-Glue-6642E/p/448811#.VgWtLMtViko

Yeah, I always used to prefer the brush kind, those stupid little tubes were a complete PITA! Still, it means never having to buy superglue I just save the tubes from the nails; It was kind of handy to have a few of them in the desk drawer though in case you needed to glue something :)

starling wrote: »
    Ooh, have a great time! I happened to be in boots and passed by the house of Holland nails, the black and gold ones were fab looking :)
    Used the adhesive tabs yesterday. Fab. They are even better that the stick on ones. I also got some nice red quick stick on nails by elegant touch in boots because they were doing 3 for 2 on some stuff. Haven't tried yet but at least I know now I have more options and variety for my nails now. Happy girl :p

Oh, I'm so pleased they worked out for you, that's actually made my afternoon :D

starling wrote: »
    Oh, I'm so pleased they worked out for you, that's actually made my afternoon :D
    Awww im glad. They are exactly what I needed for all these years!

Advertisement