Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Simple not a good brand for cleansing and moisturising?

• 31-08-2015 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I've always used Simple products but just recently a friend of mine said that it is not so good. Just wondering has anyone else this opinion or what brands are reviewed as being best for cleansing and moisturising? TIA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

Can a mod move this to beauty please?
    Baxterly13 wrote: »
    I've always used Simple products but just recently a friend of mine said that it is not so good. Just wondering has anyone else this opinion or what brands are reviewed as being best for cleansing and moisturising? TIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Moved from Facial Hair. Beauty charter rules apply.
    GH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

well it's a cheap brand so you get what you pay for I guess. As I get older prefer to spend more on skincare but still rate cheap ranges like Ziaja sensitive line that doesn't add any perfumes/alcohol/mineral oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

"Not so good" is very subjective!
    If it does what you want it to do, then it is good enough for the purpose.

I find that Simple moisturiser goes on easily and is comfortable, but skin is dry again a bit sooner than with another brand.

There again, I don't have allergies so that aspect wouldn't concern me. Never tried the cleanser, but have liked the soap for years. There's not much can be wrong with soap, to be honest: if it washes, it works!

(unless it is highly scented and makes your skin all red etc: which Simple definitely cannot be accused of)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Are you happy with your skin? If you are then I there's no need to change your skin care regime, just as long as you use spf daily!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 silvercrown

I've tried their micellar cleansing lotion to remove makeup/ oil before and thought it was good enough, served its purpose. I think Green People is a great brand- organic and natural skincare products. you can get them on feelunique, but they are gettimg more and more expensive over the years so Id recommend you to wait until they have promotional offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Elave intensive cream is really good moisturizer. Made in Ireland too. I have sensitive skin so its very good. you can get it in chemists and boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I don't like the Simple range for me. I find my skin always gets very red after using it and the moisturiser seems to "ball up" on my skin if that makes sense? I don't usually have very sensitive skin but it is very dry. If it suits you, it's doing the job. I tend to use different brands for different products, rather than one entire brand for skin, but each to their own :)

Advertisement