Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview question

Options
  • 20-01-2014 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I started a new job about 3 months ago. My previous job was a 1 year contract that ended during the summer as planned.

My new job is ok but I'm not enjoying it that much. The people are nice but the work is boring and I'm not very busy. They seem to be slow at training me so I only know how to do a small amount of things.

I've been looking to see if there are improvements I can make or suggest but as time goes on, I get less and less interested. There are also other things about how the place is run that grate on me and I'm starting to feel like it may be a dead end career wise.

I guess my question is, what do i say if i start interviewing elsewhere and they ask why am I looking to leave? My probationary period doesn't end for another 3 months and I don't want a future interviewer to think that I'm looking around as I'm about to get sacked. That's not the case, or at least nothing has made me think it is.

So what do I say in an interview about why i want to leave?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just say you don't like it. Nothing wrong with telling the truth (sometimes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Say that the role was not what you expected it to be and its not enough of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

... and that you're looking for opportunity to learn and develop your skills. Do not say anything bad about your current job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Would you not speak with management first, to see if there is other things you could to build your interest in your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

PrzemoF wrote: »
    Do not say anything bad about your current job.

This is the key point above all else, it doesn't matter really what you say once you don't bad mouth your current employer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Itzy wrote: »
    Would you not speak with management first, to see if there is other things you could to build your interest in your job.

That's a possibility but there are other reasons that I am considering other roles and those things won't change for the better unfortunately.

Advertisement