Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25 - The age where hangovers get worse.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

xzanti wrote: »
    The worst feeling in the world is those 5 minutes before your alarm goes off on a Monday after a heavy session.. Darkest few moments of your life* imho.. *shudder*

This.

I know that feeling well and you described it perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

hairyslug wrote: »
    You need to get yourself a couple of kids, you arrive in the door at 4 and by 630 the kids are jumping on the bed waking you up, by 7 Im up and getting on with it, find the worst thing I can do is stay in bed or bum about for the day, granted, im in bed that night the same time as the kids

Get yourself and sweat the badness out of ya

That sounds like torture to me.I undertand it as to be done though

Anyway im only 25 - way to young for kids in my book.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

You need to get yourself a couple of kids, you arrive in the door at 4 and by 630 the kids are jumping on the bed waking you up, by 7 Im up and getting on with it, find the worst thing I can do is stay in bed or bum about for the day, granted, im in bed that night the same time as the kids

Yep, definately.. there's no snooze button on a baby.. You HAVE to get up and be on top of your game when you have kids..

Before we had our Son, me and the OH would often go out on a Friday and/or Saturday and stay in bed most of the following day watching sh1te on tele and eating junk, and probably start drinking again early the following evening, either down the pub or at home..

Not an option now.. if we have a night out and overdo it.. Tough ****!

So we generally stay within our limits now and very rarely stay out past 1am if we have a night off.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Im 25.The hangovers are worse now.The 'tiredness' lasts two days instead of one now.I used to be able to party all night,sleep,get up then do it all over again.Not anymore unless i really push myself.

Maybe im drinking more than i used to i tell myself to make me feel better,but i now better than that.

I know people are different but i think 25 is the general age going by my friends an myself?

Anyone experience this?

Pussy. :pac: I was 30 when they started to get worse.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    This.

I know that feeling well and you described it perfectly.

And it only feels like that while you're still in bed.. once you actually 'suck it up' and hop to it, it's never as bad as you expect.. It's just a matter of getting sustenance into you then..

Lots of carbs and Lucozade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

25 too and im in turmoil all day today. I wish I could drink less but im able to pu away a serious amount of booze when i get going. think 25 is the age when youre body starts saying it cant handle it the way it used to but you keep on going out of stubborness, and as a result the hangovers are terrible. the way my hangovers are going im gonna have to get a bit of sense soon!

Advertisement