Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Opel Insignia (Vectra Replacement)

Options
  • 15-04-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭

This is the new Vectra replacement:

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_255579_25.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_255576_25.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_255573_25.jpg[/URL]

I don't like the styling. I think it looks very bloated looking almost American which I assume might be the idea as GM might sell the car in US. I hope it isn't American to drive though. Will wait to see it the flesh before passing final judgement.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Its better than I expected and would certainly get me into their showrooms, which is more than any other GM product has ever done for me. It's not quite cutting edge enough though, that front end is rather bland. Overall its looks like a lot like a BMW/Mercedes offspring, which is no bad thing really.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

^^What you said^^ Edit: Wait, not you, the OP
    When I seen it I thought exactly what you wrote! Great minds thinking alike I feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Holy mother of God the arse of it is ugly. There is an overdose of chrome there.... an Americanism if ever I saw one.

The side is copied off a BMW, and the fin on the roof...now where did I see that before:eek:? Not that that's a bad thing though.

The front of it looks like something an American would design.

The steering wheel is reminiscent of an 80s Citroen.

Pity, as the side looks good, and the rest of the interior is refreshingly different.

As this car will be sold as a Saturn in the States...what's the betting they had (too much of) an input into the design?

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

E92 wrote: »
    The side is copied off a BMW
    Its so blindingly obvious now you mention it!

I cant quite put my finger on it but the rear somehow says hyundai Coupe, after it got smashed together with a new Corsa. I think its the lights that are Hyundai coupe like.

And after the Astras looks promised so much.... tut tut opel

Advertisement